Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fear

Nicole: No, Dad, you're allowed to do whatever you want to do. I'm the one who has to ask permission to breathe. Can I go to school now, Father?

Gary: Yes, but we can say we were there. Factor in the residual coolness.

Margo: Sorry. Mr. Keheela had to stare at my boobs for ten minutes before he could give me an extension.

Margo: Nicole, chill. What do you want to remember five years from now? Being on time for English Lit or having a life?

Winning is a good thing, my man.

Margo: Who wouldn't want millions of guys fantasizing about them? It's power.
Nicole: It's nuts.
Margo: What? It doesn't feel good to be wanted?

Nicole: Every time that I go out with him I feel I should be paid for babysitting.

Steve: Old memories, new adventures. It'll be like real life.

David: It's just that i was taught that if something seems too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

David: That's not a flaw, that's one more thing for me to admire. And respect. And wait for.

Laura: Take off your makeup, you look like a slut.

Nicole: Yeah, I'll apologize to her when she apologizes to me for calling me a slut.

Laura: It's all easy fixes with you, Steve. You give her whatever she wants like you're forever trying to make it up to her. It's gonna blow up in your face, Steve. Everybody needs rules. She'd respect you more if you laid it our and played it straight.

David: You know, every part of you tastes so good.

Laura: I think some hard-earned dirt under a man's fingernails can be attractive.

Steve: Nicole, I want you to understand that whatever I have done to disappoint you is not reason for you to go screw up your whole life.

Nicole: Look, Dad, this may come as a big shock to you, but every move I make does not have to deal with you. Turns out that I'm living my own life.

Laura: Don't think you can bully her into growing up, Steven. It doesn't work that way.

Margo: So he hit ya. Sometimes that's their asshole way of showing they love ya.

Margo: Nicole, do yourself a favor and don't think so much. It gives you premature wrinkles.

Margo: You'll always remember your first. Not your second, not your third. Just your first.

David: I can't be sorry that I love you. I learned that I need people more than I thought. I've always been the one takin' care of things. And with you, it's different. All I want is us to take care of each other. And I'll promise nothing like that will ever happen again. I'm sorry.

Steve: David, I don't want to beat around the bush. I came to tell you that you're gonna stop seeing Nicole. Now, either you're as smart as you think you are and you'll just go away, or else you're gonna make things a lot harder on yourself than they have to be.
David: You know, Steve, you're really not a faggot.
Steve: ...What?
David: No, I'm serious. You seem like a pretty solid guy; you should lighten up on yourself.
Steve: We're not talkin' about me, we're talkin'...
David: Yes we are. That's what this whole thing's about, Steve. Your inadequacies. Your fears.
Steve: You just wait a minute...
David: Listen to me. See, I'm hip to your problems. All of 'em. I know you abandoned Nicole when she needed you most... 'cause I licked her sweet tears. I know about things comin' apart at work. Maybe you fuckin' lost it in that department. I also know you ain't keepin' up, so to speak, your end of the bargain with the missus. 'Cause if you were she wouldn't be all over my stick. Relax, Steve. We're friends. We're practically family.
Steve: I want you to understand somethin', pal. If you don't disappear from my family's life, I'm gonna rip your balls off and shove 'em so far up your ass they'll come out your fuckin' mouth! You got that, my friend?

Alex: You tell some kid that the state is restraining him, you'll make him want it even more.

Nicole: The fact that you can stand there and act cool and natural like nothing ever happened. That's what scares me the most Margo. It's like I don't know you, or, maybe I don't know anybody for that matter. Everybody says one thing and then does another.

David: Weak walls. Actually that's why they moved me around so much. I'd pound on the wall, it'd break. They'd move me to the next one and the next one until finally they got sick of building walls and showed me to the door. Pretty useful upbringing it turned out though, Gar. There's always walls. Usually the moist, fleshy kind that try to get in the way of me and it, whatever it may be. Silly, silly people, though. They're only to be knocked down.

David: We have something that everybody wants but nobody has.

David: It could of all been different Mr. Walker. You should have let nature take its course... but in the end, it will anyway. SO LET ME IN THE FUCKING HOUSE!

Logan: An eye for an eye, Mr. Walker, sir. You fuck up my house, I'll fuck up yours!

David: All girls cry at their weddings. Now, I know this is gonna be hard. We'll get over it... together. Just me and you, nobody else. Remember?

David: Daddy, you will forever hold your peace!

No comments: