Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Final Destination

Tod: We say that the hour of death cannot be forecast. But when we say this, we imagine that the hour is placed in an obscure and distant future. It never occurs to us that it has any connection with the day already begun, or that death could arrive this same afternoon - this afternoon which is so certain, and which has every hour filled in advance.

Undertaker: In death there are no accidents, no coincidences, no mishaps, and no escapes. What you have to realize is that we're all just a mouse a cat has by the tail. Every single move we make from the mundane to the monumental, the red light that we stop at or run, the people we have sex with or won't with us, the airplanes that we ride or walk out of, it's all part of death's sadistic design leading to the grave.

Terri: Enough! Both of you. They died, and we lived. Get over it. I will not let this plane crash be the most important thing in my life! I'm moving on, Carter, and if you want to waste your life beating the shit out of Alex every time you see him, then you can just drop fucking dead.

Alex: If I see it, I can intervene. If I intervene, I cheat the design.

Alex: God's not afraid to die. Gods don't die! We do!

Alex: Tetanus. Nice one. I overlooked it. You tried to capitalize, but I caught you. You fuck! I can beat you. Maybe not forever, but I've got this cabin rigged to beat you now.

No comments: