Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How to Deal

Sometimes life is so perfect, isn't it? It has to be to make up for all the hard stuff it throws your way. You have to learn how to walk, you have to learn how to walk, you have to wear that totally ridiculous hat your grandma bought for you, and you have no say in the matter. And when you're a little older, even though you get to choose your hats, you don't get to choose what they put in those meatballs in the cafeteria, or when to fall in love... Things happen and you just have to deal... - Halley

Why does love make people crazy?! - Halley

The quickest way to end a relationship with someone is to actually try to have a relationship with them. - Halley

Love isn't about words, it's about what you do. - Macon

First loves are never really over. - Grandma

When you meet the right person and you fall in love, it's like... it's like everyone you thought, you though is... - Scarlett

You are sounding dangerously close to a Hallmark greeting card. You're going to let yourself turn into mush over somethings like sex? - Halley

You can't expect to do anything great in life if you buckle the first time some guy bats his eyes at you. - Halley

Lorna: Well Look at you Halley.
Halley: That's kinda hard to do with out a mirror.
Lorna: You keep getting pretty every day.
Halley: I have no idea how you could say that, cause you definitely don't see me everyday, do you? And yesterday, oh, my God, I was so ugly. And last Wednesday, that sucked too. So it's kind of a day to day thing.

Macon: "From small beginnings comes great things."
Michael: "Congratulations on your baby boy."

Michael: "The first time I met you you stole my heart."
Macon: "Good luck in finding a compatible organ donor." Nice.

Michael: This girl is amazing, unlike you, and she's sensitive, unlike you, and she's sexy. Unlike you.

There's gotta be a card here for a redhead from a newly smitten hunka hunka burning love. Look, summer romance has it's own section. - Macon

Well, at least if they're eloping you won't have to go to the wedding. Weddings are the worst. - Macon

Because the Jedi mind trick is when you tell someone what to think, and they think it. - Macon

The point is that you put words into somebody's mouth and they give them back to you like they've come up with the idea. - Macon

Haven't you noticed when the opposite sex get together, eventually someone ends up getting hurt? - Halley

And he is still your father, after all, and if he wants to make a complete and utter fool of himself by trying in some pathetically cliche fashion to recapture his sorry state of manhood, by hooking up with not even a very attractive bimbo, then it that's what he wants, I'm fine with that. - Lydia

You think that planning the most important day for us is a hassle? - Ashley

It's too bad you can't get a divorce before getting married, that way you could save yourself on the stupid extra step. - Halley

Okay, fall once and you may never be able to get back up again. - Halley

I thought my parents' divorce was the end of the world. That was before Michael died of a heart defect. And the world stopped, which it should have. - Halley

It was great... if you happen to be the Devil and enjoy human pain. - Halley

Well, then why do people get married, anyways? I mean, we know that they're lying to each other, but are they lying to themselves, too? How can you promise that you're gonna feel the same way forever? - Halley

Some people fall in love, I had to crash into it. - Halley

I suck with words. But sometimes words aren't the thing. Love isn't about words, it's about what you do. And what I did, running away, it was stupid. We both know love's a big, scary, evil concept. but you know, if you feel it, it's gonna follow you around like a hungry dog no matter how far you run. Wait, I didn't mean to say that love's a dog, I just mean, I'm not going anywhere. I love you Halley. If love beats us up, let's beat it up right back. We could do this, Halley. If you're ready to make the jump, then I'll be right here to catch you. - Macon

I hate the way that your hair falls in your face. And I hate the way that your voice gets really low when you're serious. And I hate the way that you bite your bottom lip when you're nervous. And the way your eyebrow goes, like that. I hate that. - Halley

But you are going to regret ever having messed up, because I'm gonna make you pay for a long time. But first, you're going to take three steps towards me. And you're going to wrap your arms around my waist. And on the count of three, two... We're gonna dance. - Halley

Thank you for showing me that socks don't need to be ironed, that one needn't employ the Dewey decimal system for their CD collection, and that, in the end, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference whether you start the toilet paper facing up or down. Despite what my parents taught me. Because Ashley, you have shown me that life is worth embracing. Even if it means making a giant fool of yourself. And lucky for me, you're willing to marry the guy who's been the biggest fool of all. So here's to a lifetime of big, messy, wonderfully out-of-order moments with the most beautiful woman in the world, my bride. - Lewis

No comments: