Monday, March 15, 2010

Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Bella: "Some say the world will end in fire/ Some say in ice/ From what I've tasted of desire/ I hold with those who favor fire/ But if I had to perish twice/ I think I know enough of hate/ To s ay that for destruction ice/ Is also great/ And would suffice."

Bella: Marriage is just... It's a piece of paper.
Edward: Where I'm from, it's the way one says, "I love you."
Bella: Well, where I come from, at my age, it's the way one says, "I just got knocked up."

Mike: "My fellow students." Right? Right? "We are the future." "Anything is possible if you just believe."

Jacob: Imprinting on someone is like... Like when you see her, everything changes. All of a sudden it's not gravity holding you to the planet, it's her. Nothing else matters. You would do anything, be anything for her.

Jacob: Better you be really dead than one of them.

Edward: Doesn't he own a shirt?

Billy: The Quileutes have been a small tribe at the beginning, but we have always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, shape-shifters that transformed to the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day, our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as ice. Our warriors' sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear that the cold man was not alone. And they were right. She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's third wife could see that he would lose. The third wife was no magical being, with no special powers but one, courage. The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains, the cold ones. Our magic awakens when they're near, and we sense it now. We feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming, and we must all be ready, all of us.

Edward Cullen: I know the consequences of the choices you're making. I've lived through it. And to let you suffer that...You believe I have a soul, and I don't. But to risk yours, just for the sake of never having to lose you, that's the most selfish thing I'll ever do.
Bella: I thought you'd be afraid that I'd be too different. You know, like, I wouldn't be warm, and I wouldn't smell the same.
Edward: You'll always be my Bella.

Jacob: You need to know the truth, Bella, understand all your options. And you need to know that I'm in love with you and I want you to choose me instead of him.

Jacob: You feel something else more me, you just won't admit. I'm not giving up. I'm gonna fight for you until your heart stops beating.

Jacob: You wouldn't have to change for me, Bella, or say goodbye to anybody. I can give you more than him. I mean, he probably can't even kiss you without hurting you. Feel that? Flesh and blood. And warmth.

Jacob: I kissed Bella. And she broke her hand. Punching my face. Total misunderstanding.

Rosalie: You have a choice. I didn't. None of us did. But you do, and you're choosing wrong. I don't care how miserable your human life is.
Bella: My life is not miserable. I mean, it's not perfect. Nobody's life is perfect.
Rosalie: Mine was. Absolutely perfect. There were things I still wanted, to be married, with a nice house and a husband to kiss me when he came home, a family of my own. Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him. But I was young. I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my life, I left a friend's house late. I wasn't far from home. They left me in the street, thinking I was dead. Believe me, I wanted to be. Carlisle found me, he smelled all the blood. Thought he was helping me. I got my revenge on them. One at a time. Saved Royce for last so that he knew that I was coming. I was a little theatrical back then. Things got better after I found Emmett. But we'll always be this. Frozen. Never moving forward. That's what I miss the most. Possibilities. Sitting on a front porch somewhere, Emmett, gray-haired, by my side, surrounded by our grandchildren. Their laughter.
Bella: I understand, that's what you want. But there's nothing I'm ever gonna want more than Edward.
Rosalie: You're wrong again. After you've been changed, there's one thing you'll want more, one thing you'll kill for. Blood.

Jessica: When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case, a princess. When we were ten, they asked again. We answered rock star, cowboy or, in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows? This isn't the time to make hard-and-fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be, we won't have to guess. We'll know.

Bella: Was my right hook too subtle for you? That was me uninviting you.

Jasper: The two most important things to remember are first, never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly.And second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that, and you will lose.

Jasper: Never lose focus.

Jasper: One more thing. Never turn your back on your enemy.

Jasper: I was the youngest major in the Texas Cavalry, all without having seen any real battle. Till I met a certain immortal. Maria. I was riding back to Galveston after evacuating a column of women and children when I saw them. I immediately offered them my aid.
Bella: Maria was creating an army?
Jasper: They were very common in the south. There were constant brutal battles for territory. Maria won them all. She was smart, careful, and she had me. I was her second in command. My ability to control emotions served her well. I trained her newborns, an endless occupation since she never let them live beyond their first year. It was my job to dispose of them. I could feel everything they felt. I thought what Maria and I had was love. But I was her puppet. She pulled the strings. I didn’t know there was another way till I found Alice. Now, she’d seen me coming of course.

Edward: The only way I can protect you is to be with you.

Jacob: Every choice has its consequences. Some more than others.
Bella: Don’t start. Everybody makes choices. You’re gonna have to learn to accept mine.
Jacob: But you can love more than one person at a time. I’ve seen it. With Sam, Emily, and Leah.
Bella: Well, I’m not a wolf. I can’t imprint.
Jacob: It has nothing to do with imprinting. It has to do with feeling something for somebody. And I know you feel something for me. I can sense how I make you feel, physically. I make you nervous.
Bella: Jake.
Jacob: Don’t worry. I promised not to kiss you again until you ask.

Edward: I promise to love you every moment of forever.

Jacob: Let's face it, I am hotter than you.

Jacob: You have to consider that I might be better for her than you are.

Edward: If we weren't natural enemies, and you weren't trying to steal my reason for existing, I might actually like you.
Jacob: Well if you weren't planning on sucking the life out of the girl I love, I might... No. Not even then.

Edward: Number one is when you said you'd marry me, Mrs. Cullen.

Edward: You're trying to make everyone else happy, but you're always giving away too much.

Bella: This wasn't a choice between you and Jacob. It's between who I should be and who I am. I've always felt out of step, like literally stumbling through my life.I've never felt normal. Because I'm not normal. I don't want to be. I've had to face death and loss and pain in your world, but I've also never felt stronger and more real, more myself. Because it's my world, too. It's where I belong.

Bella: I've made a mess trying to figure this out and I want to do it right. And I wanna tie myself to you in every way humanly possible.
Edward: Starting with a wedding.
Bella: Actually, something a little more difficult first. And maybe even dangerous. We have to tell Charlie.
Edward: It's highly dangerous.
Bella: It's a good thing your bulletproof. I'm gonna need that ring.

No comments: