Monday, March 15, 2010

Twilight Saga: New Moon

Bella Swan: "These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die. Like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume."

Bella Swan: Hello biceps. You know, anabolic steroids are really bad for you.

Edward: You can't trust vampires... Trust me.

I hate being celebrated.
There are worst tragedies, I mean, look at Romeo. Killed his true love out of sheer stupidity. Though I do envy him one thing.
Juliet is, like, perfect. If you like that obviously beautiful sort of thing.
Not the girl, the suicide. It's nearly impossible for... For some people. For humans, a little poison, a dagger to the heart. There's so many options.

Edward: "O here will I set up my everlasting rest and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace! And, lips, O you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss a dateless bargain to engrossing death!"

Edward: The Volturi are a very old, powerful family. I guess they're the closest thing to royalty my world has.
Bella: Is that Carlisle?
Edward: Yes. He lived with them for a few decades. Defined them as very refined, no respect for human lives but a respect for the arts and the sciences, at least. And the law. Above all, the law.
Bella: Vampires have laws?
Edward: Not very many. And only one that's regularly enforced.
Bella: What is it?
Edward: That we keep the existence of our kind a secret. We don't make spectacles of ourselves and we don't kill conspicuously. Unless, of course, you want to die.

Edward: The only thing that could hurt me, is you. I don't have anything else to be afraid of.

Bella: I could protect you, if you change me.
Edward: Bella, you already do protect me. You're my only reason to stay alive, if that's what i am. But it's my job to protect you. From everyone, except my sister.

Emmett: Dating an older woman, hot.

Carlisle: No, I knew who I wanted to be, I wanted to help people. It brings me happiness, Even if I am damned regardless.
Bella: Damned? Like hell? Carlisle, you couldn't be damned. You couldn't. It's impossible.

Bella: You can't protect me from everything. At some point, something's gonna separate us. It's gonna be an accident or illness, or old age, as long as I'm human. the only solution is to change me.
Edward: That's not a solution. That's a tragedy.
Bella: You're not gonna want me when I look like a grandmother.
Edward: Bella, do you not understand my feelings for you at all?
Bella: Carlisle told me how you feel about your soul. I don't believe it. So don't worry about mine.
Edward: You should go inside.
Bella: It's still my birthday. So can I ask one thing? Kiss me? I love you.
Eward: I love you.

Edward: You just don't belong in my world, Bella.
Bella: I belong with you.
Edward: No. You don't.
Bella: I'm coming.
Edward: Bella, I don't want you to come.
Bella: You don't want me?
Edward: No.
Bella: That changes things a lot.
Edward: But if it's not too much to ask, can you just promise me something. Don't do anything reckless. For Charlie's sake. And I'll promise you something in return. This is the last time you'll ever see me. I won't come back. And you can go on with your life without any interference from me. It will be like I never existed, I promise.
Bella: If this is about my soul, take it. I don't want it without you.
Edward: It's not about your soul. You're just not good for me.
Bella: Not good enough for you.
Edward: I'm just sorry I let this go on for so long.
Bella: Please, don't.
Edward: Goodbye.
Bella: Edward.

Bella: Alice. You've disappeared. Like everything else. Now who else can I talk to? I'm lost. When you left, and he left, you took everything with you. The absence of him is everywhere I look. It's like a huge hole has been punched through my chest. But in a way, I'm glad. The pain is the only reminder that he was real. That you all were.

Jessica: I don't know why you wanted to sit through all those zombies eating people and no hot guys anywhere. It's gross. Like... And why are there that many zombie movies anyway? 'Cause if it's supposed to, like, draw a parallel about leprosy, my cousin had leprosy. It's not funny, you know? And, like, is it supposed to be a metaphor for consumerism? Because don't be so pleased with your own, like, self- referential cleverness, you know?Like, some girls like to shop. Not all girls, apparently. Although I was surprised you even called at all. You know? Like, your depression thing, I get it. I'm totally, totally worried. But after a while, it's like you're still bumming... and I'm going through stuff too. You know? Like Mike deciding he just wants to be friends. You know? Like and since when does "just friends"...

Edward: You promised me nothing reckless.
Bella: You promised it would be as if you never existed. You lied.

Jessica: You're insane, actually. Or suicidal. That homeboy could've been a psycho. I was about to end up in an FBI interview room like some lame TV show.
Bella: That was such a rush.
Jessica: Awesome. So you're an adrenaline junkie now? That's cool. You could go bungee jumping. You don't get on the back of some random loser's motorcycle. Crazy.

Bella: Alice. I saw him. Maybe I'm crazy now, but I guess that's okay. If a rush of danger is what it takes to see him, than that's what I'll find.

Bella: I get it if you think this is stupid and reckless.
Jacob: Yeah, I mean, it's completely stupid and reckless. When do we start?

Bella: Jake, you're, like, buff. How did that happen? You're, like, 16. I don't get it.
Jacob: Mmm-hmm. Age is just a number, baby. What are you, like, 40 now?

Bella: If we're going to do this every day, and hopefully we are. We've got to fit some homework in there. I don't want Billy thinking I'm a bad influence on you.
Jacob: You? Influence me? Please.
Bella: Are you... I'm older than you, so that makes me the influencer and you the influencee.
Jacob: No, no, no. My size and knowledge base actually makes me older than you, because of your general paleness and lack of know-how.
Bella: I convinced you to build two-wheeled death machines with me. Don't you think that makes you kind of young and naive?
Jacob: Okay, so where do we stand?
Bella: I'm 35. You might be like 32.
Jacob: Come on.

Bella: Dear Alice, I wish I had your real address. I wish I could tell you about Jake. He makes me feel better. I mean, he makes me feel alive. The hole in my chest, well, when I'm with Jake, it's like it's almost healed, for a while.

Bella: Oh... Well... I'm not really into the whole cougar thing.

Bella: But not even Jake can keep the dream away.

Charlie Swan: Can I ask you something? Hanging out with Jake seems to take your mind off things for a bit, doesn't it? You know, sometimes, you gotta learn to love what's good for you. You know what I mean? Of course, what do I know? I'm just a terminal bachelor. Famous ladies' man.

Jacob: Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids.

Jacob: What, you're apologizing for bleeding?

Bella: You're sort of beautiful.

Jacob: Look, I know what he did to you. But, Bella, I would never ever do that. I wont ever hurt you. I promise. I wont let you down. You can count on me.

Harry Clearwater: Those bears won't get the drop on me, Bella. My Kung Fu is strong.

Bella: You cut your hair off? And got a tattoo? I thought you were too sick to come outside or pick up the phone when I called.
Jacob: Go away.
Bella: What?
Jacob: Go away.
Bella: What happened to you? What's wrong? Hey. What happened? Did Sam get to you? Is that what's happening?
Jacob: Sam's trying to help me. Don't blame him. But if you want somebody to blame, how about those filthy bloodsuckers you love, the Cullens?
i don't know what your talking about.
you know exactly what I'm talking about. you've been lying to everyone. charlie. but you can't lie to me. not anymore Bella.look, Bella, we can't be friends anymore.
look, Jake, i know that I've been hurting you. its killing me. it kills me. i just need... give me some time or something.
look, don't. its not you.
its not you, its me, right? really?
its true. it is me. I'm not good. i used to be a good kid. not anymore. this doesn't even matter. this is over
you cant break up with me. i mean, i mean, your my best friend. you promised me.
i know. i promised i would never hurt you Bella. and this is me keeping that promise. go home and don't come back or your gonna get hurt.

Bella: Alice... Things are bad again. Without Jake... I can't stand it. I don't see Edward anymore. Will it really feel like he never existed? I will find a place where I can see him again.

Laurent: How much could you mean to him if he left you here, unprotected. Victoria won't be happy about my killing you. But I can't help myself, you are so... mouth-watering.

Jacob: Have you ever had a secret you couldn't tell anyone, one that wasn't yours to share? Well, that's what it's like for me. But worse. You have no idea how tight I'm bound.

Embry: Guess, the wolf's out of the bag.

Bella: Alice, is it possible that everything's true? The fairy tales and horror stories? Is it possible that there isn't anything sane and normal at all?

Emily: So, you're the vampire girl.
Bella: So, you're the wolf girl.

Embry: That's a wolf thing. Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we say anything or not. And check it out. We can hear each other's thoughts.
Jared: Would you shut up? These are trade secrets. Damn it! This chick runs with vampires.
Bella: You can't really run with vampires. 'Cause they're fast.
Jared: Yeah, we're faster. Freaked out yet?
Bella: You're not the first monsters I've met.
Sam: Jake's right, you're good with weird.

Jacob: We're not killing anyone.
Bella: Then who is?
Jacob: What we are trying to protect you from. The only thing we do kill, vampires.

Bella: Alice, I'm alright. Until I'm alone. And lately, that's all the time. Jacob's gone, he's hunting Victoria. And Charlie's hunting Jacob. And you're gone. And so is Edward. And there's just nothing now. But I realize where I have to go, what I have to do to see him again.

Bella: You wanted me to be human. Watch me. You won't stay with me any other way.

Bella: It must be nice never getting cold.
Jacob: It's a wolf thing.
Bella: It's not. It's a Jacob thing. You're just warm. You're like your own sun.

Bella: Okay, not that you need me to tell you something like this, but I always will. You're not gonna lose yourself. I wouldn't let that happen.
Jacob: How?
Bella: I'll tell you all the time how special you are.

Jacob: You're about to cross a line.
Bella: Then don't draw it. Please.

Alice: I have never met anyone more prone to life-threatening idiocy.

Alice: Bella, what is that God awful wet dog smell?
Bella: That's probably me. It's Jacob.
Alice: Jacob who?
Bella: Jacob's kind of a werewolf.
Alice: Ugh! Bella! Werewolves are not good company to keep!

Alice: I can't see past you and your pack of mutts.
Jacob: Do not get me upset. Things are gonna get very ugly!

Alice Cullen: I didn't think you would be opposed to grand theft auto.

Bella: I needed to make you see me once.You had to know I was alive and that you didn't have to feel guilty about anything. I can let you go now.
Edward: I never acted out of guilt. I just couldn't live in a world where you didn't exist.
Bella: But you said...
Edward: I lied. I had to lie. But you believed me so easily.
Bella: Because it doesn't make sense for you to love me. I mean, I'm nothing. I'm human. I'm nothing.
Edward: Bella, you're everything to me. You're everything.

Aro: How extraordinary! You would give up your life for someone like us. A vampire. A soulless monster.
Bella: You don't know a thing about his soul.

Edward: Bella, the only reason why I left is because I thought I was protecting you. I needed you to have a chance at a normal, happy life.

Edward: Leaving you was the hardest thing I've done in 100 years. And I swear, I will never fail you again. I'm so sorry. Charlie's coming.

Edward: I'm not technically breaking any of his rules. He did say I couldn't take a step through his door. I came in through the window. He's not going to forgive me easily.
Bella: I know.
Edward: Can you? I hope you can, because, I honestly don't know how to live without you.

Bella: Once Alice changes me, you can't get rid of me.
Edward: She won't need to change you. There are always ways to keep the Volturi in the dark.

Jasper: I vote "yes". It would be nice to not want to kill you all the time.

Rosalie: I'm sorry. I'm really sorry to both of you for how I've acted. And I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go save my brother. But this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself. And I wish that there had been someone to vote "no" for me. So, no.

Carlisle: You've chosen not to live without her, which leaves me no choice. I won't lose my son.

Jacob: If any of them bites a human, the truce is over.

Bella: Jake, I love you. So please, don't make me choose, 'cause it'll be him. It's always been him.

Bella: Stop! Stop! You can't hurt each other without hurting me.

Edward: I just have one condition, if you want me to do it myself.
Bella: What's the condition?
Edward: And then forever.
Bella: That's what I'm asking.
Edward: Marry me, Bella.

No comments: