Sunday, April 10, 2011

When In Rome

Beth: Yeah, I remember, Brady, really clearly when you broke up with me in the Applebee's.

Brady: You made me realized it doesn't matter how hard someone works as long as you love them.

Joan: When you know you don't need proof you just know.

Beth: We wait our whole lives for some perfect guy to come sweep us off our feet. Well guess what, he's not coming!

Beth: Each one of you is a desperate wish for love that is never going to come true. So I'm saving you, and saving you. You, I don't give a damn about but I am saving you. And you, and I'm saving you.

Hey Nick, how long are you going to take? We watched Roots while you were gone.

What do you think would win in a fight: a whale or a silver back gorilla?

Gail: I'm Gail, like a gale force wind. I took on that name because it's the most powerful force in the natural world, for shaping and eroding the earth... whoosh, you can feel it.

Time flies, but magic flies faster.

Beth: I used to come here with my parents when I was a little girl. I thought this place was magic. My father told me that the roof was made of glass so that God could see the paintings from up in Heaven.

Beth: Every time I've ever put myself out there, I've gotten hurt. Every time. It's like I meet a guy and I think it's great and anyone else would just be thinking about how much greater it's going to get. But I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Nick: Well, you do know lightning strikes once in a while, Beth. Trust me, I know.
Beth: I wish I could believe that.
Nick: You can. No shoes are going to drop Beth. This is real. I'm real.

Nick: Ever since I saw you in the fountain something changed in me. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't do anything without thinking about you. I don't know what is going on with me, Beth, but I want to know what is going on with you. You seem to think all these guys are under a crazy spell or something and that I'm one of them. But I'm not. This is real, okay? And I ran all the way up 5th Avenue in a lightning storm because I wanted to tell you that...
Beth: You love me?
Nick: I never said I loved you.
Beth: You didn't. No, you don't.
Nick: No, no. I just never said it. You said it, and I w anted to say it, but, uh...
Beth: Okay you go. You say it or just say it if you want to say it.
Nick: Look, the only spell that I'm under is yours. I'm in love with you Beth.

Dad: Elizabeth Ann, honey, you cannot learn from my mistakes. You're gonna have to go out there and make your own. Now, you could get your heart broken or you could have the greatest love affair the world has ever known. But you're not gonna know unless you try.
Beth: But what if there was a guarantee that you'd never get hurt?
Dad: Baby, the passion is in the risk. It's like I always say, if you're gonna be a bear...
Beth: Be a grizzly.

Priest: Marriage is like-a all contracts that a-two enter in the eyes of a-Father Almighty. If there's anybody here who has-a reasons that-a Beth and-a Nicholas should-a not get married today, speak now or forever hold onto your peaces. Anybody? Anybody? Anybody? It could be anybody, you don't have to know them to speak up.

Beth: You think you're pretty funny, don't you? You enjoy watching me go crazy? Did you have fun watching my life turn upside down because of love? Because I did.

Nick: I have a question. Why do you keep giving me back my poker chips?
Beth: Because you deserve to have it back. You threw it in the fountain and wished on love and I don't want to keep it anymore.
Nick: No I didn't.
Beth: You didn't? Then who did?
Nick: I have no idea.
Beth: Then this is all real?
Nick: How's this for real.

No comments: