Monday, July 5, 2010

Grey's Anatomy: Teddy Altman

Who needs a Harper Avery when they have a Cristina Yang seal of approval? All this ambition of yours, this desperate need to win prizes means that your priorities are off.

This is why I hate awards. They don’t make us better, just more competitive and stupid and for what? To put on a dress, eat a piece of bad fish, and take home an ugly paperweight that’s going to sit on your mantle for the rest of your sad, empty, misguided life.

Mark Sloan just asked me out.

When you feel like you love someone more than he may love you, it can make you a little crazy. It can make you a lot crazy

He’s a guy that way. He’s a man. Don’t tell him what to do. Just tell him how you feel.

So when you were telling me about this great job at this great hospital, you were just bringing me out as a present for your new girlfriend?

She was willing to trade you for me. If I stayed, she said I could have you.

I know it’s out there and I can’t unring the bell but I’m unringing the bell. I take it back. I miss my friend Owen, more than anything, I miss my friend. The rest I can deal with. I have a job that I love and an amazing student I can teach. And I’ve got a cottage with deer and a fish and various waxed body parts. I’m gonna be fine. You and I are gonna be friends. And you’re doing a bowel replacement with me in ten.

Oh, thank you. Who needs the Harper Avery when they got the Cristina Yang seal of approval?

All this ambition of yours, this desperate need to win prizes, it means your priorities are off.

They push us to be monsters.

This is why I hate awards. They don’t make us better, just more competitive and stupid, and for what? Put on a dress and eat a bad piece of fish, take home an ugly paperweight that’s going to sit on your mantle for the rest of your sad, empty, misguided life.

Life changing. Earth shattering. The point is, he’s a legend for a reason. He has skills I never knew existed. It was like there was a party going on.

He’s triggered right now. His triggers might never go away. They might over time. If you give him time, you should because he is in love with you. He just needs time.

He won’t go if you tell him to. He’s a guy that way, a man. Don’t tell him what to do, just tell him how you feel.

We’ve made it home all the way from Iraq alive and now there’s this guy with his people shooting hat on right in here in a hospital which is argumentatively the safest place in the world.

You stole lungs, Cristina!

I'm not G.I. Jane, I'm attachment Barbie.

I'm not asking you to be in the OR. I'm asking you to say something, to participate. We're at a crossroads Yang, a crossroads where you either get in the game or I tell Richard it's time to send you home.

Okay again Mr. Perfect married guy you don't have to open your mouth.

I have seen you bend the rules around here. If I was Bailey or Shepherd, I'm sure your hands wouldn't be so tied.

Cristina Yang is fishing today. She is one of the most talented surgical residents I have ever seen and she is fishing instead of operating, and that is partly my fault. I just want to do something good today ... make it up, pay it forward ... whatever you want to call it. I ... I just need to do some good.

I'm a doctor. I took an oath, and I can't leave you now anymore than I could leave you bleeding out in the street.

Dr. Avery, I operated on Iraqi soldiers who blew up dozens of our guys. I didn't like it, but I did it because I'm a doctor, and I took an oath. You're not a jury or a judge. If there's a life to be saved, we save that life regardless.

Life and death decisions wasn't part of our deal.

For someone who has a history of ambivalence towards motherhood, you got the whole guilt thing down cold.

End the relationship or you don't get the lungs.

The only good thing that came out of the date were these cannolis, which, as it turns out, is exactly what someone needs when they are having a hypoglycemic episode.

No comments: