Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grey's Anatomy: Ellis Grey

It's awful being a grown up. The carousel never stops turning. You can't get off.

You are - You are anything but ordinary, Meredith. Now run. Run!

That man makes me purr like a kitten when he isn’t making me growl like a tiger. And my husband wonders why I’m not interested in him anymore. If he had any balls at all, he would leave on his own. No, he plays stupid. He’s waiting for me to kick him out. I come home with a hickey on my shoulder, a hickey for God’s sake, like I’m some sex crazed teenager. Ha, which let me tell you these days I am. And what does Thatcher do? Pretends he doesn’t see it.

I don’t have time to coddle you right now, I’m busy saving lives. Do you understand?

Heart surgeons are the ‘know it alls,’ they’re the most ambitious, the most driven. They want it all and they want it now. They don’t want anything getting in their way.

Anyone can fall in love and be blindly happy but not anyone can pick up a scalpel and save a life.

What would you do if the thing that defines who you are was taken away?

Does he understand the demands of your career? Because not all men do, they say they do upfront.

You’re what happened to her. I thought you were here for me, to offer me some hope, to help me with some new treatment. But you’re here for her. An attending, a neurosurgeon, no wonder why she’s so unfocused. I’ve seen men like you before, threatened by a women whose as equal. You just want someone to admire you. And you don’t care about the damage you do to her, along the way.

No comments: