Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grey's Anatomy: Joe the Bartender

I know that look. It's only one of two things. Either your boss is giving you hell or your boyfriend is. Which is it?

Aww, you're a tiny little kitten of joy and love.

Okay, fine, it's horrifying. But Carrie took out an entire senior class as revenge. I gotta say, I like that in a girl.

Mistakes, they happen. Imagine what happens with doctors who aren’t that experienced. Just one more reason why I’m glad I’m a bartender.

You’re knitting in a bar. You can’t knit in a bar, you’re scaring the customers.

People need a safe haven from their bitterness, loneliness, quality all their family time.

And if old flames aren’t enough of a problem, there’s always new flames to deal with.

Here’s the thing about hospitals and the people who work in them: the complications are not just surgical.

A train wreck. That’ll give ya heart burn fast.

The way I see it, sometimes you get what you want in life. Sometimes you don’t. And sometimes, sometimes you get something in between.

Okay, so, this is the story of five surgical interns. All of them just fresh out of med school, all of them pretty smart, all of them very driven, and all of them just maybe a little scared. Of course it’s not always about the medicine.

Unfortunately on your first day, the surprises aren’t always going to be surgical.

Wow, what is this? It smells like something burning.

That's Taiwan, man!

After dealing with all that life and death, where does a doctor go to unwind? They come to see me at my bar, right across the street from the hospital.

You called the gurney patrol?!

Hey! Hey! Hey! Beating each other up and there's not gonna be anybody left to set your broken bones.

Bar-owning gays don’t get picked.

If I can’t handle an ultrasound without breathing into a brown paper bag, how am I going to handle a kid? Let alone twins.

Joe’s partner: Next time we’re not going camping with straight guys.

No comments: