Monday, November 19, 2012

Switched at Birth: Daphne Vasquez

I can't believe you think I'm the type of girl who would sleep with someone else's boyfriend.

I just wanted to be able to save him after all of the times he's saved me.

Sometimes I just wish I could be Daphne. Not deaf, not hearing, just a girl playing basketball.

Am I just like a cardigan wearing, opposite-of-sex, hopeless geek?

She's cute, she's deaf, and she's into motorcycles. She's the perfect girl for you.

I know you want to be smart and I do too. But I don't always want to wonder if we missed out on something really good because we were too scared.

I know what that means. It means, "I don't love you back."

Because that's the thing, the day before your life changes forever, it's just like any other day.

No comments: