Monday, March 9, 2009

Batman Begins

It's not about who I am underneath

It's what I do

That defines

Me



Alfred: You start pretending to have fun, you might even have a little by accident.

Bruce Wayne: Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

Bruce Wayne: I seek... a means to fight injustice. To turn fear against those who prey on the fearful.

Alfred: Time to get up.
Bruce Wayne: Bats are nocturnal.
Alfred: That may be, but even for billionaire playboys, 3:00 is pushing it.

Bruce Wayne: A guy who dresses as a bat clearly has issues.

Bruce Wayne: I'm going to show the people of Gotham that the city doesn't belong to the criminals and the corrupt. People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy. I can't do this as Bruce Wayne. A man is just flesh and blood and can be ignored or destroyed. But as a symbol... as a symbol, I can be incorruptible, everlasting.

Bruce Wayne: They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I've looked for it ever since. I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge. Me.

No comments: