Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One Tree Hill: Marvin 'Mouth' McFadden

You know that’s really not fair. It’s one thing to break my heart but do you have to look like a beer commercial while doing it.

Because, sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been. And remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are.

One of these days you’re going to have to quit lying and just be yourself. Maybe today’s that day.

I felt larger than life when I was with Erica. I'd give anything to have that back.

Well, I should get home. That stripper might call me.

I mean, a night with you is like flying first class. My life is coach. It's going to be hard going back to it.

Take a look at this picture. What do you see? There's a high school basketball game tonight somewhere in America and there's a great story there. But sometimes to find it, you have to look away, into the shadows on the fringe of the obvious. Can you see it? Look closer.

I wouldn't want to date you if you were sleeping with your boss either.

I would totally date you if you were sleeping with Brooke.

Brooke: What do virgins talk about?
Mouth: Oh, we like rainbows and kittens!

You know, say what you will about the ravages of sports in this corporate age where overpaid athletes expect prima donna treatment, but there's still something som unifying about sporting in it's purest form, when athletes rise above themselves and touch greatness, and in doing so remind us all that we all have greatness inside of us.

'Cause every time you tell a girl you like her, she says what a great friend you are, right? Oh wait, that's me. You're the guy they all throw themselves at. Brooke, Rachel, Peyton... probably even New Guy!

It wasn't supposed to be this way. The artists, and the scientists, and the poets...none of them fit in at seventeen. You're supposed to get past it. Adults, they see kids killing kids and they know its a tragedy because they used to be those kids. The bullies and the beaten and the loners. You're supposed to get past it. You're supposed to live long enough to take it back. Just take it all back.

But I'm not that guy, Rachel, and I don't want to be. So maybe the elite girls just aren't for me. But one of these days, I'm gonna meet a girl who really loves me. Maybe she won't be what you call hot, but I'll think she's beautiful and I'll tell her so. I won't be mean to her because I don't have to play games with her. I'll just be the guy she can always count on and that'll be enough. And she'll be elite to me."

You called me 17 minutes ago and I drive a bicycle, Brooke.

I'll speak for her. We just heard Principal Turner read a list of Erica's accomplishments. I could try to do that for Brooke, but it would be kind of a short speech... As you know, Brooke's probably one of the most popular people in school. Something I'm definitely not... and yet, she's my friend. She never cared what clique I was part of, the kinds of clothes I wore or... the fact that I have to ride the bus... She looked past that stuff. And when you think about it, isn't that what we want in our president; someone who can see past the superficial differences and bring us together? This year, Brooke's had her share of ups and downs... just like all of us. But most of you never saw it, 'cuz even when life got hard, Brooke never let it in. She was just...Brooke; tough, smart, one of a kind... And I don't know about you but those are things that I look for in a leader. Brooke Davis is my friend. But that's not why I'm voting for her. I'm voting for her because of her heart... and her spirit... and because she's the best person for the job.

Listen, Brooke, I don't know what's going on with you and Lucas, but he's a really good guy. I've never really been good at sports. I mean, I'm little, ya know, but when I decided I wanted to be a sports announcer, Lucas introduced me to the guys at the River Court, and he made me feel like I belonged. He has a good heart, and as far as I can tell, you do, too. I'd be surprised if you two couldn't work things out.

Be nice, be nice, put it in there. There you go.

It pays to be an AV geek.

Big man, put them in there. There you go.

I'm really messed up on the hooch, you know.

We just heard Principal Turner read a list of Erica's accomplishments. I could try to do that for Brooke but it would be kind of a short speech. As you know, Brooke's probably one of the most popular people in school. Something I'm definitely not. And yet she's my friend. She never cared what clique I was part of, the kinds of clothes I wore or the fact that I have to ride the bus. She looked past that stuff. And when you think about it, isn't that what we want in our president? Someone who can see past the superficial differences and bring us together? This year, Brooke's had her share of ups and downs. Just like all of us. But most of you never saw it. Because even when life got hard, Brooke never let it in. She was just... Brooke. Tough, smart, one-of-a-kind. And I don't know about you but those are things that I look for in a leader. Brooke Davis is my friend but that's not why I'm voting for her. I'm voting for her because of her heart and her spirit. And because she's the best person for the job.

You ever been a girl's friend. It sucks. You know what else sucks. New guys.

Right. Look if you wanna get on my good side... and you do, stop kissing Brooke! Don't even look at Rachel! And don't move here, cause nobody likes new guys, New guy. What was I talking about?

I am a real reporter, that's why I don't report gossip.

Weren't you tipped off when the sun came up?

I would offer to spot you but I max out at like 180… ish.

You deserve to feel special every second, every day.

Camping is a great way to forget your life.

I committed the cardinal sin of broadcast. Told people to turn the channel.

If I were her parents, I would be more worried about you being you than you being black?

Can I go to this because it sounds like an event of disaster?

Same Rachel, different city.

So I guess Dan helped you step into the light and get yourself right.

No comments: