Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One Tree Hill: Nathan Scott

And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But losing your reason for the journey... is a fate more cruel.

There's going to be lot of times in your life when you are afraid. Being afraid is okay, but if you don't work through that fear, you might miss out on some pretty great things.

Stepping up. It's a simple concept. It basically means to rise above yourself. To do a little more. To show you something special. Something like this...Life's funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard, like when you fall in love with someone and they forget to fall in love back. Like when your best friend and your boyfriend leave you alone. Like when you pull the trigger or light the flame and you can't take it back. Like I said, in sports they call this stepping up. In life I call it pushing back.

It’s been said that we just don’t recognize the significant moments of our lives while they’re happening. We grow up replacing them with ideas or people and we take them for granted. And it’s usually no until that thing is about to be taken away from you that you realize how wrong you’ve been, that you realize how much you really need it, how much you love it. God I love this game.

Have you ever heard the expression the best things in life are free? Well that expression is true.

Every once in a while people step up. They rise about themselves. Sometimes they surprise you. Sometime they fall short. Life is funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard. But if you look close enough you find hope. And in the words of children, in the bars of a song, and in the eyes of someone you love, and if you’re lucky, if you’re the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.

I scored 35 points that night and each basket was like my own personal version of a Haley James pick-up line.

When I was a Junior, in High school I took some stuff to help me with my game, drugs and it was a stupid thing to do. I ended up collapsing on the court and my Dad was all about covering it up for the scouts. Anyway when I left the hospital I went to see Haley because I needed to know if she could forgive me, I wanted to see if I still had the chance to be great in her eyes, and when she did, when she forgave me- that was the moment that everything changed for me. That was the moment that I fell in love with her. This girl who could see past all the mistakes I have made. Now, I guess maybe sometimes I screw up because I want to feel that again. I suppose that sounds pretty broken...

I'm not good with being vulnerable, in fact this is probably the closest I've come to it, or the second closest.

Give me the bottle Luke, or Dan wont be the only Scott who shot his brother.

Do you have a wife, Principal Turner? Isn't she the best part of you? Would you want her to pay for your mistakes? We all make mistakes. And, believe me, I'm paying for mine, but - Haley is a good person. She's worked for four years to be valedictorian. She deserves to be recognized.

I need to be tutored, I think I'm failing marriage.

I just got that feeling. The stillness I used to feel before dawn. The feeling that the world could be perfect.

Every once in a while people step up, they rise above themselves. Sometimes they surprise you, and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes, it can push pretty hard, but if you look close enough you find hope in the words of children, in the bars of a song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you're lucky, and if you're the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.

You can't prove love with a test. I mean, this is just a score on a sheet of paper. Sure, Haley and I have our differences, but this test doesn't show how hard we've worked to keep this relationship together, or that I can't stand it when we're apart, or that every time I look at her I know that I'm gonna be with her for the rest of my life. We love each other father, no test is going to show that.

You call this breaking even?! You just got me attacked by a munchkin and a transvestite.

It's hard to get back into the ring, especially with the one who knocked you out in the first place.

Besides, what's the difference, you turn the lights out, it's all the same darkness.

We should have a Scott family discount.

Unlike you I'm leaving and taking my heart with me.

And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But losing your reason for the journey...is a fate more cruel.

As far as I concerned, Shaw was a punk. 'Cause you know what? Tragedies happen. What are you gonna do, give up? Quit? No, I realize now that when your heart breaks, you got to fight like hell to make sure your still alive. Because you are. And that pain you feel? That's life. The confusion and fear? That's there to remind you, that somewhere out there is something better, and that something is worth fighting for.

Douglas Adams once wrote, he felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered who's it was, and whether they were enjoying it.

So you want me to tell you something about myself? I don't have anything to say. Even if I did, you'd be wrong to believe me. Trust is a lie. Nobody ever knows anyone.

If more teachers dressed like sluts, attendance in this place would skyrocket.

Don't cry rockstar. It'll ruin your makeup.

You see, you do have a problem with me; a big problem! You could smile and act cool if you want to but the fact is, man: I used to destroy guys like you. Daily. It'd be a shame if something happened to this hand; you couldn't play that little guitar anymore huh? Just like it'd be a shame if you were taking advantage of Haley. Don't cry rock star.. ruin your make-up.

I can't believe that I'm wearing a skirt!

Good evening Mr. or Mrs. Tree Hill resident. We are selling these delicious cookies to raise money for Lady Leprechauns, an organization that empowers us girls to be strong, beautiful women of tomorrow.

You know, my pride says, "Yeah. that's it. Just leave here knowing Haley is obviously intimidated by a sexual relationship." But my heart says, "Forget about your pride, you idiot. You love this girl. And even if you catch pneumonia, your ass is gonna stay out here in the rain until you convince her to come back" So come on, Hales. Just meet me halfway here?

Haley, you got a tattoo for God's sake. Obviously, this whole thing with us means a lot to you. I just don't want to do anything to pressure you or drive you away. Even though sometimes I can't help it. Just like I can't help that I fell in love with you. 'Cause I did. I love you, Haley. And it scares me a little bit, but there it is.

It's like the worse things get with my parents, the better things get with you.

I wanna be somebody who's good enough to be seen with you.

I'll call you when you're not so PMS.

Whatever choice you make today is going to affect the rest of your life.

So don't come home, because I don't want you to.

Help from you comes with strings attached.

History is on my side.

Sometimes what you call "everything," I call "nothing."

You know for most of my life I would have gone through this alone, but then I met you. And I finally found someone I could depend on like I've got this. So I guess I called you 'cause I wanted to know if that was still there.

Consider that me hitting you, without the hitting.

You kissed my wife, you lost all my money, you lied to me about a poker game and you got me attacked by a munchkin and a transvestite...

The best pick you made all night.

When I fell to the floor tonight, I was so scared, I was so terrified. Then I saw you, and I promised myself that if I could just get up, I'd walk over to you... I'd tell you how much I need you and how much I want you... and how nothing else matters.

I wanna be somebody who's good enough to be seen with you.

Trust me, you're better off anyways. Love sucks.

I remember the ugly-ass poncho that you wore.

It's not so easy getting back in the ring. Especially with the one who knocked you out in the first place.

So you want me to tell you something about myself? I don't have anything to say. Even if I did you'd be wrong to believe me. Trust is a lie. Nobody ever knows any more.

Evening officer, buy us some beer?

[from the time capsule] People think that if you love somebody hard enough then everything is just gonna work out. People are wrong. 50 years from now, I hope you got what you wanted Haley, but getting married to you was the worst mistake of my life. Here's a little advice, never get married. In the end, you're only be miserable.

Over the past year I've learned so much about life and love. And even if I could, I wouldn't take back all the bad stuff that's happened between us, 'cause it brought us here, this moment, this river. Marry me, Haley. Marry me again in front of all our friends and our family.

You ever heard the expression 'The best things in live are free.' Well that expression is true.' Every once in a while, people step up they rise above themselves sometimes they surprise you and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard but if you look close enough, you can find hope in the words of children, in the bars of the song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you're lucky, if you're the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.

Last year we were sitting on the beach and I told you how much I love you, and how I would always, always protect you. And that day you made me believe that this would work. But I don't think anybody understood the love that I have for you, because if they did then they would have never doubted us. So I wanted to marry you all over again in front of most of our world, because today when I look into your eyes, my love for you only grows. It's even stronger now. And our love will never waver. This I vow to you, today and always, and forever.

I am the kid, Hales and I'm sick of dealing with my parents' problems. If it's not my dad with a restraining order, it's my mom with a glock. They're unbelievable. My one saving grace. My one way out is if I play halfway decent in these playoffs, I can get a scholarship and I can get the hell away from both of these lunatics. Should my mom have a gun? No! But am I going to let her stupidity or anything else stand in the way of my dreams? Not a chance.

I'm warning you. It's either the pills or me.

I don't like kids. But I'll like our kid.

Well there's probably worse things than hitting a pregnant woman. Good slap though.

You made a fortune capitalizing on the murder of your own brother. You save your help for people who don’t know you and stay the hell away from me and my family.

Really? From of the looks of it this morning, you were on something else.

Is this the support group for husbands of James girls?

As mush as it killed me, I let her go, but I never gave up hope.

You know I don’t want to kill the messenger Mouth, but every time I see you that leads to bad news.

It’s amazing. The economy is crumbling and the truth keeps getting more expensive.

I lost my virginity to my sister in law. Don’t you think that makes Thanksgiving a little awkward.

I guess evil does the body good.

Interesting choice for the poster of redemption and clean living.

I’m kinda thinking you should cancel your plane ride to ask Lucas, too.

You know, there’s never going to be a golden ticket back into my life. I’ll tolerate you, for Jamie. But you’re dead to me. The moment Keith died, you died.

I’m not really sure Grandma Rachel was friends with anyone.

When you and dad retire my high school class I’m sure I could rummage through my middle school class.

Give me that bottle right now or Dan's not going to be the only Scott to kill his brother.

I've always wondered about it. We all do, right. What happens when it's gone? But see I've never really seen anybody lose it, like really lose it, until now.

There's more to life than sports, trust me.

Nathan: My father’s in prison, so am I.
Haley: Well, you can walk out.

I scored 35 points that night and each basket was like my own personal version of a Haley James pick-up line.

You're responsible for changing my whole like. Thank you for saying yes, Lydia. Don't ever forget that.

Hey man, I never touched you. And if I’ve had hit you, you’d be out cold right now.

No comments: