Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Secret Life of the American Teenager: Anne

Well I'd rather be pregnant than be fat.

I love you but mind your own teenage business.

Don't glamorized teen pregnancy. It's not an asset to be able to hide a pregnancy.

I doubt that God punishes people as nearly as much as people punish each other and themselves.

I know you do, Ben. And so do I; and I love you for loving Amy. But you know, the funny thing about love is it's not just about feeling. It's about doing. It's about doing the right thing always for the person that you love. And that's what I'm doing right now, Amy. I'm coming here to try to make you realize the awesome responsibility of taking care of a baby and raising a child...Did you really think that getting married would solve anything?

It won't change anything. You're still going to have a baby; Ricky's baby. Look I'm on your side here, Amy. I'm on your side. I'm not being mean by trying to get you to face reality, but a baby is coming. And it's not just enough to have a plan. You have to act on that plan. So what is your plan, Amy, Ben? Look I want to help you but I can't help you if you don't talk to me. And there are no easy answers. You either get a job, go to school, and get someone to help with child care, or you think seriously about adoption. But whatever choice you make it has to be what is right for your child, Amy, not just about what is easiest for you. You can't run away from this. You have to face the fact that you're halfway through your pregnancy and the baby's going to be here before you know it.

The whole world is high school.

You got the business, I got the house, you gave me the house, I own it, you're just living here.

What says I don't really wanna be married, but I had a baby in high school, so I got married, and now we're getting married again because my mother wants me to even though she's gay and can't find a date?

No comments: