Monday, May 24, 2010

Vampire Diaries: Elena Gilbert

[voiceover] Dear Diary: Today will be different. It has to be. I will smile and it will be believable. My smile will say, 'I'm fine. Thank you. Yes. Much better.' I will no longer be the girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh. Be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through.

[voiceover]: Dear Diary, I made it through the day. I must of said, ‘I’m fine. Thanks.’ at least 37 times. And I didn’t mean it once, but no one notices. When someone asks ‘How are you,’ they really don’t want an answer.

[voiceover]: Dear Diary, I couldn’t of been more wrong. I thought I could smile and nod my way through it, pretend that everything will be okay. Without the pain, [Elena and Stefan] someone alive. [Elena] But its not that easy, the bad things stay with you [Stefan] they follow you. You can’t escape them, as much as you want to. [Elena] All you can do is be ready for the good, so when it comes you can invite it in, because you need it. I need it.

[voiceover]: Dear diary, this morning is different. There’s change, I can sense it, feel it. For once, I don’t regret the day before it begins. I will see him again. For the first time in a long time, I feel good.

When you lose someone it stays with you. Always reminding you how easy it is to get hurt.

I get it. Complicated brother. Check. Complicate ex. Check. Too complicated to even start dating. Check.

We met. We talked, and it was epic. But then to sun came up and reality set in.

I would write, ‘Dear diary, today I convinced myself that it’s okay to give up, don’t take risks. Stick with the status quo. No drama. Now is just not the time.’ But my reasons aren’t reasons, they’re excuses. All I’m doing is hiding from the truth and the truth is, I’m scared Stefan. I’m scared that if I let myself be happy for you, one moment, that the world is just gonna come crashing down and I don’t know if I can survive that.

You’re the mystery guy, and I like that. But with mystery comes secrets.

There's more to me than just gloomy grave yard girl.

I burden you with all of my drama, and I want you to do the same.

Trust is earned. I can’t just magically hand it over.

I’m not going to be one of those girls whose world stops spinning because of a guy.

[voiceover]: I tried, I want so much to make things right but every instinct in my body is telling me to be careful. What you don’t know can hurt you.

I want so much to make things right but every instinct in my body is telling me to be careful. What you don't know can hurt you.

A simple 'I didn't kill my brother' text would have sufficed.

I don't wanna talk about my future, Stefan. Because everything you're saying makes it perfectly clear you aren't gonna be in it.

If you walk away, it's for you. Because I know what I want. Stefan, I love you.

You are so teaching me how to hand-jive.

You're a powerful witch goddess. Seize the day, Brumhilda.

You'd be surprised what Stefan can accomplish when he puts his mind to it.

So, she's a vampire... with issues.

Only one of us was around when dance was invented.

You're not exactly innocent. You've made it your life mission to make him miserable.

[voiceover]: Dear diary, I’m not a believer. People are born, they grow old and then they die. That’s the world we live in. There’s no magic, no mysticism, no immortality. There is nothing that defies rational thought. People are supposed to be who they say they are and not lie or hide their true self. It’s not possible. I’m not a believer. I can’t be. But how can I deny what’s right in front of me? Someone who never grows old, never gets hurt, someone who changes in ways that can’t be explained, girls bitten, bodies drained of blood...

I’m not blaming you Damon. I’ve accepted the fact that you’re a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities.

Some things could matter again.

I think there's something he doesn't want me to know, which makes me wanna know all the more.

If you mean me no harm, then you'll go.

When you Google vampire, you get a world of fiction. What’s the reality?

I want you to tell him that Vicki left town, and she’s not coming back. That he shouldn’t look for her or worry about her. He’s gonna miss her but it’s for the best.

A part of me wishes that I could forget too. Forget meeting you, finding out what you are, and everything that has happened since. Because I don’t want it to be like this. I don’t want to feel like this. But I can’t. With everything that’s happened, I can’t lose the way I feel about you.

Don’t pretend to care. I know you’re gloating inside.

Time out, remember, for five minutes. Well that five minutes is gonna need a beer.

Trust breeds trust. You have to give it to get it.

About what, Isabel? My vampire birth mother who’s related to my vampire ancestor Katherine who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah, haven’t thought about it at all.

You’d think that for someone who was around when the car was invented, you’d have one.

Damon gets what he wants as usual no matter who he hurts in the process.

You’re totally that drunk high school guy at parties sneaking booze.

Don’t pretend like you don’t care.

The night that my parents died, I blew off family night so that I could go to some party. I ended up getting stranded and they had to come pick me up. That’s why we ended up in the car at Wickery Bridge. And that’s why they died. Our actions are what set things in motion but we have to live with that.

Thank you... For being such a monumental disappointment. Keeps the real memory of my real mother in tack.

I have enough problems with the family I care about.

He doesn't want to feel, he wants to be hated. It's just easier that way. He got his wish. I hate him, Stefan.

I'm human. I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy.

Friends don't manipulate friends. They help each other.

I hate fighting with you, even when it's fake.

What you did for Caroline's mom? That's the Damon who was my friend.

It's you and me, Stefan. Always.

There's Damon and whoever Damon is using, and those people always end up dead.

It must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even imagine.

Normal people don’t have chaperones or bodyguards or babysitters.

It seems surreal, like we weren’t meant to get to the normal part.

I don't want to be saved. Not if it means Klaus is gonna kill every person I love.

I don't question why everyone tries so hard to save me. You shouldn't question why I try so hard to save everyone else.

You may be my father, but I am never gonna be your daughter.

It's gonna be a girls' night. Maybe Katherine can join us.

Witches are supposed to maintain the balance of nature. It's your duty to them. To keep this curse sealed.

Movie night is supposed to be a distraction. Tomorrow we can return to our regularly scheduled drama.

No comments: