Monday, May 24, 2010

Vampire Diaries: Stefan Salvatore

[voiceover] For over a century I have lived in secret, hiding in the shadows, alone in the world, until now. I am a vampire. And this is my story.

[voiceover] I shouldn't have come home, I know the risk, but I have to know her.

[voiceover] I lost control today. Everything I’ve kept buried inside came rushing to the surface. I’m simply not able to resist her.

[voiceover]: I had a plan, I wanted to change who I was. Create a life of someone new, someone without the past.

[voiceover]: I’m awake for the first time in a long time I feel completely and undeniably wide awake. I welcome the day, because all I know I will see her again.

If I don’t write it down, I’ll forget it. Memories are too... important.

Let them chain me up and drive a stake through my heart, because at least I’ll be free of you.

Do you wanna know what I would write? ‘I met a girl, we talked, it was epic. Then the sun came up and reality set in.’ All this, is reality, right here.

Katherine is dead. And you hate me because you loved her.... and that, my brother, is your humanity.

Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and non-conformity.

[voiceover]: There must be a shred of humanity left inside my brother. Somewhere, I keep hoping. But how do I make him see it? How do I protect her?

[voiceover]: The real animal is still out there, waiting for me. Challenging me to fight back, to stop him. But how do I stop a monster without becoming one myself.

[voiceover]: I did what I had to do, to protect Elena, to protect everyone. Yes, Damon, the headline reads, ‘Deadly beast captured.’ All is well in Mystic Falls.

If you're going to dump me, I figure you should at least know who you're dumping. Let's start with Katherine. She had this perfect olive skin. She had this perfect laugh. She was also impatient, impulsive. Enter Damon. He claims he was with her first. I don't know. I do know I did some things I'm not proud of. My biggest regret is not being able to make things right before she died. I miss her, but I'm not crippled.

Everything you know, and every belief you know is about to change. Are you ready for that?

We choose our own path. Our values and our actions, they define who we are.

Elena is warm and kind and caring and selfless and it's real. When I'm around her, I completely forget where I am.

You saved my life, I’m sparing yours. Now we’re even.

You’re blaming innocent people for something that happened 145 years ago.

We’re predators, Elena. We hunt, we stalk. It’s often more exciting as the kill.

Everywhere that I go, pain and death follow. Damon follows. No more.

You could always just leave, find another town to turn into your own Gas 'n Sip.

Damon has no regard for human life. He enjoys inflicting pain on others.

All I can remember is hating you. There may been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased that.

I don't hurt people. I don't do that. I'm the good brother.

The blood brings out what's inside of me. If you think any differently, you're an idiot.

If I just give myself over to the blood, I can make that pain stop. Every day, I fight that.

I have no sense of Damon humor.

[voiceover]: I thought that there was hope, that somewhere deep inside, something in Damon was still human. Normal. But I was wrong. There’s nothing human left in Damon, no good, no kindness, no love. Only a monster who must be stopped.

I'm really sorry that it won't be of any help with your diabolical plan: the sequel.

What do you mean? I’m perfectly safe. I have Damon, the self-serving psychopath on my side.

Your choices have erased anything good about you.

They are people, Damon. She's not a puppet, she doesn't exist for your amusement, for you to feed on whenever you want to.

The beauty of you in there and me out here ... is that I can walk away.

Everything you know, and every belief you know is about to change. Are you ready for that?

I've been 17 years old since 1864.

What Damon wants, Damon usually gets.

I really liked you better when you hated everybody.

Alcohol, it takes the edge off.

You have to beg the sober me, the drunk me there’s no begging necessary.

Even in our death you only feel shame.

Every single person that’s been hurt, every single person that has died is because of me.

I made a choice, Elena, because of that choice a lot of people were hurt.

It hurts me. It hurts me knowing what I’ve done and that pain is with me all of the time. Every day I just think that if I can give myself over to the blood I can make that pain stop. It would be that easy. And every day I fight that. And I’m so terrified that one day I’m not going to want to fight that anymore, Elena. The next time I hurt somebody, it could be you.

It’s only real when it comes from your desire to do the right thing for nothing in return. I know that is an entirely foreign concept to you. I completely understand that you wouldn’t get it.

She'll try to break us, and how we respond to that will define us.

I came back to this town to start a life with you. We can't forget to live it.

He waited 145 years only to find out that Katherine couldn’t care less.

The pleasure I'll get of watching you suffer is greater than any pain I'll ever feel.

I think there are a lot of conversations to be had about our future. About the kind of life we can have together.

This is a future memory: it's where your boyfriend whispered to you that he loved you.

You wanna let yourself get killed? That's not heroic. That's tragic.

Hunt. Pray. Kill. It was all I knew.

I'm the one who made him a vampire in the first place. If there's a cure, I owe it to him to find it.

No comments: