Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grey's Anatomy: Denny Duquette

Capricorn, single, loves to travel and cook.

Good luck with that.

Triple word score, 69 points. Woman, I'm beating the pants off you. Pay attention, what the hell are you doing?

You took a vow of celibacy?

What? You like your men sick and feeble? You don't dig healthy guys?

It's not the kind of thing I'd forget.

I tricked her into marrying me, how smart am I?

For five years I’ve had to live by the choices of the doctors. The guys who cut me open had decided that there wasn’t one choice that was mine. And now, I have this heart that beats, that works. I get to be like everybody else. I get to make my own decisions, have my own life, do whatever the damn hell I choose. That is the good part. So you listen close, what I choose, is you. You’re who I want to wake up with and go to bed with and do everything in between with. I get a choice now. I get to choose. I choose you Izzie Stevens.

Mistakes are painful but they are the only way to find out who you are.

I knew it. You people are trying to turn me into a robot. It’s all a part of your evil plan to take over the hospital.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, way too harsh! Remember we were going to take it easy? That was not easy.

Meredith, you drowned. In Elliott Bay, you remember that?

People tend to freak out.

Oh, okay Mr. I've-been-dead-longer-and-knows-everything.

Oh, I'm not the one who got himself all blown up.

I will kick your ass anytime. I'm the one with the fresh heart.

Alright, but that thing in the tub. What was that?

I do not see women in the bathtub. I wish I saw wo - We know things.

Yeah, you do. It's easier, but you can't. Because George's dad died. Because Izzie lost me. And Cristina - When she was nine, she was in a car accident with her father. And he bled out right in front of her while they waited for an ambulance to arrive. And Alex...

They're barely breathing. This will break them. None of them deserves that. And this, this is the big one, so you pay attention. Do you know what kind of miracle it is that Derek is who he is? Do you know how rare it is that someone like him even exists? He's an optimist. He still believes in true love and soul mates. He's waiting for you. And if you don't come back from this, you will change who he is.

No. Sometimes we'll be in the same place at exactly the same time, and I can almost hear her voice. It's like I'm touching her. I like to believe she knows I'm there. That's all you get. That's it. Moments with the people you love. And they'll move on, and you'll want them to move on, but still, Meredith, that is all you get. Moments.

I don't know. This is your afterlife, not mine.

[voiceover] Heaven. Hell. Limbo. No one really knows where we're going or what's waiting for us when we get there, but the one thing we can say for sure, with absolute certainty, is that there are moments that take us to another place, moments of Heaven on earth, and maybe for now, that's all we need to know.

[voiceover] I believe in heaven. I also believe in hell. I've never seen either, but... I believe they exist. They have to exist... because without a heaven... without a hell... we're all just heading for limbo.

I loved you so much. I loved you so much that when I got to come back for you, I thought... you were my heaven. But maybe... maybe I'm your hell.

I really hope this is heaven.

Izzie, that kiss is worth a thousand words.

I've been lying in this bed for close to a year, and I've had a lot of time to look back on my life. And the things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do and I did them anyway. The thing is, life is too damn short to be following these rules.

Oh, doc, I’d outta kick your ass making me scream like a baby in front of the girl I’m trying to impress. Man, oh geez.

Since when do you get to decide what’s an option in my life and what isn’t? My heart may be on your battery packs but it’s still my heart. It’s my decision. It’s my damn life.

Izzie, would it wrong for me to feel you up right now?

No you don’t! I’m a man! I’m a strong virile horse of a man stuck in the body some weak sick bastard that I don’t know, like or recognize. Now if you knew what that feels like, you would have never convinced me to let a battery run my heart. If you knew what that feels like Izzie, you would have let me go!

I’ve got twenty tubes coming out of my body. One in which coming out of my you-know- what. At some point I’d like to use that you-know-what for something besides peeing into a bag. Like, for instance, peeing into a toilet. It’s just, Izzie gave me medical advice. You’re giving me different advice. It just so happens that yours is the advice I want to here.

Horses have a great judge of character. If you don’t like horses, then that means they don’t like you.

[answering machine message] Dad, Mom, it’s me. I’m calling from Seattle Grace Hospital where the beautiful, talented, incredibly stubborn Dr. Isobel Stevens, she’s just given me a brand new heart and promised to marry me. I know we’ve had our differences and I’m sorry for not being in touch. Believe it or not, I was trying to make everything better. I know you’re angry, and I hope you’ll forgive me. It turns out, sometimes you’ve got to do the wrong thing. Sometimes you have to make a big mistake to figure out how to make things right. Mistakes are painful, but they’re the only way to find out who you really are. I know who I am now. I know what I want. I’ve got the love of my life, a new heart, and I want you guys to get on the next plane out here and meet my girl. Everything’s going to be different now. I promise, from here on out, nothing’s going to be the same. I love you. Bye.

I can’t do anything that would make you unhappy. You know that.

Denny: Do you believe in heaven? Because I thought maybe this was heaven, getting to be here with you. But now, now I’m not so sure. I think this may be hell.
Denny: You broke up with me and I’m still here. Doesn’t that mean something?
Denny: I want you do be happy Izzie, I do. I would leave if I could. You think I want to stay here while you tell me you want another man? I can’t go because you won’t listen to me. I’m here for you.
Denny: There are other things I’d like to do or see but I can’t. I can’t go to heaven or hell or to Asia. I can’t do anything but this, until you wake up and figure it out.
Denny: I loved you so much that when I got to come back for you, I thought you’re my heaven, but maybe I’m your hell.

No comments: