Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grey's Anatomy: Izzie Stevens

You try eating after performing 17 rectal exams. The Nazi hates me.

Maybe it's professional jealousy. Maybe she's brilliant and they call her a Nazi because they're jealous. Maybe she's nice.

It’s just not fair. It’s really not fair. We treat jerks all the time, patch them up, send them off whether they deserve it or not. No big deal, But, Denny, he’s a good guy Dr. Burke. He’s a really good guy with a bad heart, and all we can do for him is wait.

I wouldn't have called you but I can't get hold of a translator. Can you just ask her what's wrong?

You want to see it. You really want to see it. Fine, let's look at that tattoo up close and personal shall we! What are these? Oh my God. Breasts! How does anybody practice medicine holding these around? And what do we have back here? Let’s see if I remember my anatomy. Gluts. Let’s study them, gather around and let’s study the booty that put Izzie Stevens through med school. Have you had enough or should I continue because I have a few more very interesting tattoos? You want to call me Dr. Model, that's fine. Just remember while you're sitting on $200,000 of student loans, I’m out of debt.

It doesn't bother me, okay? Look at me in my underwear, George. Take your time, it's no big deal.

I don't know. What do they do for the 666 on your skull?

You know what? You're gonna have to get over the whole man thing, George! We're women! We have vaginas! Get used to it!

It’s not about me. It’s about me wanting to talk to you about you needing so much sex your girlfriend’s vagina is broken.

She lost a baby, she lost a fallopian tube, she's acting like she doesn’t even care. She’s all "Hello I’m fine" person. She’s acting like she has no emotions, no warmth, like she's missing a soul.

You said, "I am not your sister". Do you feel like I was emasculating you?

I’m both. I’m a surgeon and a person who becomes emotionally involved.

In fact, we'll probably have sex after the party, or during the party.

George has turned into a sex machine.

I know how the rumor mill works around here George. I’m the crazy intern. Now I’m the crazy intern who has a babysitter.

You know how what you don’t have sex for a while, you sorta forget how good it is and don’t really need it as much. It’s like a beast, a beast that was asleep for a long, long time. And now the beast is wide awake, and the food that Alex gave it was good food, George.

Hank just needs to realize that doctors can have fun. We're not all workaholics with God complexes.

Holy Mother of Destruction...

Last I heard, perpetual sex is not one of the five stages of grief, but denial is.

You are so my favorite person today!

I laugh at funerals.

And my all time favorite question, have you pooped yet?

Life is short, George. Do you really want to die before you ever ask her out? Do you really want to die a liar?

Life is short, George. Life is short and it sucks a lot of the time. If being with Callie makes you happy then go be with Callie.

You are hateful! You are a Hateful! Hateful, lazy, arrogant... hateful man! Hateful!

No, it's about sex all night. I can't believe you're not pissed off about this, you of all people.

Suck it up. Go back with your tail between your legs and just apologize.

George this program will make or break our careers, some of us will make it through and some of us won't. And that decision depends entirely on recommendations from doctors like Shepherd. There is a reason we don't sleep with the attendings.

It didn't exactly sound like anything was happening against her will last night.

She should oil the bedsprings, as a courtesy, or at least buy a padded headboard.

Well, at least we know brain surgery isn't his only skill.

There's no reason to be ashamed. It's normal, healthy even.

You have a healthy body and if you fall down you won’t turn to stone. And your mom so wanted you to just let yourself fall. Messing up, it’s what makes a person. It’s how we learn, where we find joy. And the things you don’t plan for, the things you never see coming.

You know what? It's no big deal, you don't have to lie. I get it. You have needs.

He's freaked out because I caught him playing with little Jimmy and the twins.

Oh, so, by your definition then, you got beat up by a girl.

George, beer is dripping from your nostrils.

They're human beings. You do know what a human being is, Evil Spawn?

Well, you haven’t told McDreamy that you’ve dumped the vet.

Did you ever wake up in the morning and realize that nobody likes you, and, I don't know, care?

Came home to full-on vomit drama. Apparently she dumped Derek. And her.

You don’t marry the rebound girl, am I right?

Am I going to be alone, pining over a dead guy for the rest of my life?

Because I have to know that I didn’t spend my entire inheritance on an empty room with empty beds. Because if I did that, I just might go crazy. And George already called dibs on ultra crazy this week. Do you think that Callie’s pregnant?

Oh, that’s so great. Tiny diamonds are great because you know no one will ever try to steal it.

She's been sleeping with Burke.

Two hours of vomiting will do that to you.

Give her a break, she has a hangover.

Wait, both of them? Together? And me by myself... w-with the two married people, who hate each other?

You know I especially like the part where you treated me like crap the entire night. That was fun.

Poor George, he doesn't have the steadiest hands.

Please don't say that to her face. I think that panda died alone.

No! No. You're like a broken record. God. You're only ever nice or friendly or anything when it's convenient for you. So no to your favor. No to you. No. I put on a dress! I did my hair! I had one night off in 2 weeks and I wasted it on you. And what do I get? Nothing. No respect. No apology. You couldn't even be bothered to kiss me goodnight. You know what, you're a coward and you're just as shallow as you seem. So I am done trying to be your friend or whatever. I'm over it.

No, I am breaking up with you because on your best day, that corpse is twice the man you will ever be. You’re not good enough for me, Alex. You’re not good enough for anyone.

I’m sorry; this section of the bar is for surgeons. We don’t socialize with gynecologists.

Weddings are about hope and the future.

If there was a genetic test for testicular cancer, you think men who tested positive would have this surgery? No, because it's castration. What man would willingly get rid of the part of his anatomy that makes him a man? This woman is having herself castrated. And we book an OR and act like it means nothing. It's not nothing! God, how could you possibly act like it's no big deal? I mean, what if it was me?

If I was the one with the cancer gene... I mean, what if I showed up tomorrow and my boobs were made of plastic and my skin had aged 10 years and my sex drive had dried up? If it was me, Alex, would you be so fine with it then?

I just need some sex, George.

She's nine hours old, George.

OK. A: this is not a competition. And B: my quint kicks your quints asses. Emily's strong, she won't let go of my finger.

Well, she would have been if I hadn't interrupted.

You don't talk to bastards who cheat on their girlfriends, George. That's the rule.

That's not the point.

I'm having a moment here. Don't mess with me.

Meredith, have you gone mental?

I'm a farmer, okay? I've been drooling, puking, and crapping in my pants.

Because, it's what JESUS, would freaking do!

No, you don't get to say my name! And you are unbelievable!

You didn’t hurt me. I don’t even know you, I’m a farmer.

I say I like the guy, and you can't stop hating him. Then as soon as he screws me over, you're his new best friend.

He cheated on me with George's skanky syph nurse!

Eating is a sport?

Here, books and movies. It's form all of us.

Apparently you can help Dr. McDreamy in ways the rest of us can't.

Maybe you are wrong all the time, it doesn’t matter you still have to gravel.

She can have more than a trailer park and a graveyard shift at a truck-stop diner. Don't you want that for her? I mean, if you can get past the fact that I'm superior, and that I'm judging you, and telling you what's best for your family... if you can just get past all of that, isn't it possible that I'm also right?

Yeah, enjoy your syphilis, Olivia.

People have sex in this hospital all the time.

I wanted better for her than I could do at sixteen.

Alex, I haven't had sex in eight months and 12 days. I'm horny, I'm half naked, and I'm saying yes. You wanna stand there and talk metaphors or do you wanna literally take off your pants?

I gave you sex in the linen closet, you tell him.

Code Black? Code Red, Code Blue, Code White. I never had a code Black. Dr Shepherd?

McYummy?

Morning. What? So I slept with him again. So I'm a big whore. A big horny whore who can't get enough. Can we get over the shocked silence already?

I can not date a patient.

You don’t need vows on your hand. When you get up there, you just speak from the heart.

I swear to God Cristina. I like you. I really do. But I grew up in a trailer park and I am not above kicking your pampered little Beverly Hills ass. And I do mean physically kicking your ass.

He's just not George anymore. He's broken George. First he chops off his hair, then he starts hanging out with this Callie. What is-that's not a name Callie. Who is she anyway? I'm his best friend, not that he talks to me anymore.

I'm knitting a sweater. Actually Meredith, that's my friend - the friend that broke George - is knitting a sweater. She's not really knitting a sweater because she cannot knit but I want her to think she is knitting a sweater because she and I took a celibacy vow so she's replacing sex with knitting and so I'm knitting pieces of Meredith's sweater so that I can switch them out with hers so that she can really believe she's knitting because if anybody needs to be celibate, it's Meredith because she broke George.

Our divorce lawyer is so not playing an arcade game for 53 levels.

Holy Crap! George is her McDreamy!

Except when you chop off a hand, you don’t kill your sex drive, have silicone breasts, get hot flashes, and lose your ability to have children.

Everyone who is entered in the transplant program is clocked in to the second. To the second, Denny. You were clocked into the second and so was the other guy, I checked with UNOS. The difference between when you entered the program and when he entered the program is 17 seconds. That's it Denny. 17 seconds. I mean, its not even the length of a decent kiss. So this other guy, I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve this heart. I'm sure he does, but so do you! So do you. And if you tell me anymore crap about heading towards the light or looking down on me from heaven I swear I will kill you myself right now!

No, I get it! Ok? I get it! You'll be ok, you'll be fine, but what about me? So don't do it for yourself, do it for me! Please! Please Denny! Please do this for me! Because if you die, oh God, you have to do this! You have to do this for me or I'll never be able to forgive you!

No! For making me love you! Please! Please do this for me, ok? Please? Ok, I can't do this if you don't! Please do this for me, cause if you don't, please?

I think it was a stroke. He was prone to blood clots. A clot could have formed on his sutures and traveled to his brain, it only takes a second.

Dr. Hahn did a beautiful job on the surgery. But I don't know why I didn't think of blood clots. He died all alone. He was alone.

I changed my dress three times. I wanted to look nice. I would have been here sooner. But I couldn't figure out which dress to wear.

If you wait a few minutes, you can have a piece of cake. Bake of chock full of love. Well actually bake chock full of all-relenting, all-consuming, rage, and hostility. But still tasty.

I told you to tell her how you feel. I did not tell you to jump into bed with her.

An hour ago he was proposing. And now... and now he's going to the morgue. Isn't that ridiculous? Isn't it the most ridiculous piece of crap you've ever...

I'm not being arrogant, it's just, it's just kind of a fact. For a long time I made a career from my looks, so I get it, I'm a pretty girl. And not in a "from a certain angle" way, in an obvious way. It's the blonde thing and the big boobs thing, big boobs are a key to obvious pretty if you know what I'm saying. It's how men see me. I'm not a smart girl or an interesting girl, I'm a pretty girl. The blonde and the boobs, it confuses guys into thinking that I'm someone else. And I'm used to it. And I'm used to them walking away when they realize... but then Denny goes and asks me to marry him. He doesn't make me feel like I'm a pretty girl. He makes me feel like, like me. I think he might know me. And so, if I did cut the LVAD wire, and I'm not saying that I did, but if I did, then no, I don't feel guilty. And I know that I should. And I would if it were anybody else's. But I can't feel anything but happy.

Well, I'm giving you an out. You thought you were dying and I was saving your life and well, you know, it was so..

They’re married, she took a vow. You don’t mess with vows. Married is married. Game over. It’s so freaking over.

If they’re going to get violent, they’ll probably do it themselves.

We can't get married. I mean that would be insane. We should date, and have sex. Plenty of sex. You know when your heart gets better and you're out of the hospital, all the sex you can handle. But marriage is, um, marriage...

I feel like I'm moving in slow motion. Like I'm moving in slow motion and everything around me is moving so fast and I just wanna go back to when things were normal. When I wasn't "Poor Izzie" laying on the bathroom floor in her prom dress with her dead fiancĂ©e. But I am. Because I can’t and I’m just stuck. And there is all this pressure cause everyone is hovering around me waiting for me to do something. Or say something, or flip out, or yell and cry some more and I'm happy to play my part. I'm happy to say the lines and do whatever it is that I'm supposed to be doing if it will make everyone feel more comfortable. But I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to be this person. I don't know who this person is.

I hate the bride thing. I hate the pictures in the magazine with the girl, with the veil, and the flowers that she’s sniffing. Like it never occurred to her to stick her nose in there and there’s a camera pointed at her. I hate the idea of bridesmaid and the colors. And does the bustle make my ass look bigger or smaller. I hate those things. I never wanted to be that girl who’s stupid, shallow. Why the hell is that girl still running through my head?

I am an optimist. I am hopeful. I am not sure. Because I’m your best friend and because I love you. If what you want is to be with Callie, then I will do everything in my power to support you and help you make your marriage work. Because I’m your best friend. Because I love you. I also have to say that I’m in love with you. I’m in love with you. I can’t promise the future. I can’t promise the imperfection because we’re us and I’m me, or what will happen. But in my heart, I am sure. I’m in love with you, George and I hope that you’re in love with me, too.

McDreamy’s sister is McBitchy.

There’s a third option you know. Take your chances, get cancer, and fight like hell to survive.

You understand? Really? Did you cut someone’s LVAD wire, fell in love with a man, and then he died? How in the hell could you possibly know.

Izzie and Alex have a patient that only speaks about himself in the third person.

Izzie isn't either. Last week, Izzie was digging through crap, this week she's fondling man boobs. No decanulating hearts for Izzie!

Izzie thinks this whole bright and shiny thing is getting old.

Dude, she went all cage fighter on you!

I ate everything out of the fridge last night including a tub of butter. There's no judgment here.

I couldn’t cut off my ovaries and breasts just because I might have cancer.

People are what matters? You don’t like people. Is this about your mother?

You give me the ‘people is what matter’ thing again, I will kill you.

Whoever it is is from Stanford. Because everyone at Stanford just loved Cristina.

I know people die. People die in front of us every day, but I believe Meredith will survive this. I believe. I believe in the good. I believe that it’s been a hell of a year. I believe that in the face of overwhelming and instant contrary we will all be okay. I believe a lot of things. I believe that Denny is always with me. And I believe that if I eat a tub of butter and no one sees me, the calories don’t count. And I believe that surgeons who prefer staples over stitches are just lazy. And I believe that you are a man who made a terrible mistake marrying Callie. And I believe it because I’m your best friend, I can tell you this and we’ll be okay. I believe that even though you made this mistake, you will be okay. I believe we survive, George. I believe that believing we survive is what makes us survive.

And I believe that you are a man who made a terrible mistake marrying Callie. And I believe that because I am your best friend, I can tell you this and we can be okay. I believe that even though you made this mistake, you will be okay. I believe we survive, George. I believe that believing we survive is what makes us survive.

Messing up. It's what makes a person. It's how we learn, where we find joy. And the things you don't plan for are things you never see coming.

I had sex last night. With the wrong person. But the thing is, it didn't feel wrong; at the time. It felt like; something was falling into place. So what do I do?

God got a virgin pregnant by magic. God is not playing by the rules.

Yeah, yeah. You should have said something or you know, banged on the wall.

My problem is you. You're my penis fish.

You've crawled in, and latched on. And now I can't move, or talk, or think, or even pee without the nagging feeling that something is eating through my organs.

You guys are just used to it, that’s all. You already have it. You have that thing everybody else wants. You can take it for granted. Let me tell you, if you didn’t, if you couldn’t be with the person that you love, I guarantee that hearing him promise to love you and honor you and cherish you no matter what, it would be pretty much all you would think about.

I know you didn't wake up today expecting this was how your first day was going to go. You thought you would get to reattach an arm or observe brain surgery. Instead you helped save the life of a deer. You can bitch and complain about it or you can adjust your expectations. Cause like it or not you're stuck with me and I'm the kind of doctor who lets a little kid convince her she can do the impossible. Oh plus when I woke up this morning I thought today was going to go a lot differently too. I thought I was going to get the good interns. Instead I get stuck with the duds. So I have to adjust my expectations as well.

You’re too busy screwing nurses to talk.

Trauma protocol, phone lists, pagers. The nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run. A run. That's rule number two… You're supposed to follow me.

Okay I have an old guy trying to kill himself. So I don't have time for you two and your fake drama.

Did you just quote Gandhi to me?

Meredith, if you can’t make this right. If you can’t fix this with George, just so you know, when it comes to choosing sides, I’m on his.

I can feel you. I can smell you. If you're dead, how come I can smell your skin? So I'm thinking, maybe you're not dead. Maybe that was the part of me that was crazy, that part that thought you died. Maybe this is the not crazy part. You are still alive, right? That's it.

It’s basically a slumber party. They do it outside, we do it inside.

I tie. Sidney is my peer counselor. ‘Heal with love’ Sidney.

I would rather sift through feces than talk to you.

I am! I am. Scientists believe what they can see, what they can feel... Facts. Hard facts. I slapped you. That is a fact. I felt... your face my hand. Fact. I can feel your breath against my skin. Fact.

In the choice between heaven and hell, I choose heaven. I choose life. Go. Get out of here! Go out get of here! Go.

This is who I was. It has nothing to do with who I am now. I'm a physician. A surgeon! And I am just as qualified as any other intern on this floor. So you're just going to have to get over your chauvinist crap and allow me to do my job.

No, you told me the most important thing is giving the patient what they want. What Humphrey wants is his erection.

What self-respecting surgeon wears salmon-colored scrubs?

If you think that this means I respect you, if you want me to respect you, you have to do something worth respecting.

Stop talking about me. I am fine. I’m cleaning out my locker and going home. Mer is the one with the problems.

If that skirt didn't have a big pair of bouncing boobs attached to it, you'd stop looking.

Miracles happen. Medical miracles happen every day. People live.

You never know the biggest day of your life is the biggest day. Not until it's happening. You don't recognize the biggest day of your life, not until you're right in the middle of it. The day you commit to something or someone. The day you get your heart broken. The day you meet your soul mate. The day you realize there's not enough time, because you wanna live forever. Those are the biggest days. The perfect days. You know?

You can do it, but I don't wanna end up a vegetable.

Where your eyes are supposed to be right now, I see white sandy beaches. And there's an ocean behind your head, and there are ghosts wandering in and out. I can't live like this, and I cant live if something goes wrong in that surgery I don't want any extraordinary measures taken to keep me alive. It's not what I want. I went crazy when Denny signed the DNR because I didn't understand. I didn't understand but now I do, and I need you to understand. I don't want you to go crazy, I want you to have a brilliant career, and I hope that I get to be here for that. But, if I can't I just wanna go to the other side. I don't know what's there but it's gotta be better than hospital beds and tubes down my throat. So please, please don't cut LVAD's. Just if it comes down to it, just let me go. And right now, kiss me. Please, please just kiss me and close your eyes because the beach is so distracting.

Well, I'll tell you. I know I'm supposed to be grateful for my "new lease on life". Alex marched in here and basically told me that being married to me was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Yeah, and that he was trying to decide whether smothering me with a pillow was the best way of putting us both out of our misery.

As doctors we keep secret. We keep secrets because we have to. But not all secrets can be kept.

Take your chances, get cancer, and fight like hell to survive.

You think you know someone, know who they are, share a house, make wishes on eyelashes with them. And we don't know each other, none of us, we're just a bunch of interns that work together. There's nothing there.

Why is her urine blue?

Nobody gets it right with their own family.

I’m sorry. We were friends. You were my boss but I think we were friends, too. And I never meant for anyone to get hurt. And I know there is nothing I can do to take it back.

We work eighteen hours a day. Six days a week. Fifty weeks a year. We don't really have time for our families, we don't have friends that aren't doctors. But we have this one day, one day where we get to be like everybody else, one day to be normal, one day where nobody loses and nobody dies on our watch. It's like a gift. So I just thought we should appreciate it, that's all.

That's not a dog. That's a hyena, escaped from the zoo, dressed in dog clothing.

Vicious, hyper-devil mutt is available. And will pee on the bed.

Congratulations. You are not an idiot. Except when you’re being an idiot.

Cheyenne is smart. She's smart and she's thoughtful and she can have more. She can have more than a trailer park and a graveyard shift at a truck stop diner. Don't you want that for her? I mean if you can get past the fact that I'm superior and that I'm judging you and that I'm telling you what's best for your family. If you can just get past all of that, isn't it possible that I'm also right?

I'm her mother but I'm not her mom. Look um I know that where we come from this kind of thing doesn't get talked about but I wanted you to know that there's more than one way to be a good mother. I wanted, I wanted better for her than I could do at sixteen.

If you're gonna clog up the toilet you've got to be willing to use a plunger. Otherwise we're gonna make you crap in the backyard.

You have to go to work. You're an intern. Saving lives is not optional.

Alex I gave you your chance. You had your chance and you slept with someone else. I forgave you in the spirit of being a bigger person. Of rising above but these legs are closed to you now. The panties are staying on. So you and me? Never gonna happen.

I'm being a doer. Getting while the getting's good. Now take off your pants.

How can someone be so offensive and yet so charming all at the same time?

Alex. I haven't had sex in 8 months and 12 days. I'm horny, I'm half-naked and saying yes. You wanna stand there and talk metaphors or do you wanna literally take of your pants!

Okay, do not even talk to me about standards. The girl can’t even wash her hands.

It’s stupid dancing, friggin’ bobbsey twins. Stupid!

Am I supposed to move on now? Do people look at me and go, she’s gotta get over it, it’s ruining her life?

He’s in George’s room and when George’s marriage crashes and burns and he wants to move back in, he won’t be able to. His life will be in the shambles, he’ll finally notice that his dad is dead, and that he made a fool out of himself by marrying someone he doesn’t really love and he’ll have no place to go. Is that what you want?

I'm in love with this incredible guy and we're having problems. And my best friend, he would know what to say to me about it. I need to be able to talk to my best friend. I cannot get through this without my best friend.

Let me speak, because I am your best friend, and because I love you. If what you want is to be with Callie, then I will do everything in my power to help you make your marriage work, but because I am your best friend, and because I love you...I also have to say that I'm in love with you. I'm in love with you, and I hope you’re in love with me, too...say something.

Get up. I mean it. Get up! Now go get a life. George was a surgeon, he had a purpose. He wanted to save lives and now he doesn’t get the chance. Now he doesn’t get the chance to do anything anymore but you do. You could go to medical school. You could hang out with your freaking friends. I don’t care what you do; just go do something with your life. Because you have one. You lived, you lived and George didn’t. And I know, I know that that feels horrible and shocking and terrifying, but you lived. So go live your freaking life. But God, have enough respect for George to figure it out. If I see you sitting on this bench again, I will kick your ass from here to Sunday.

Be my husband. Get undressed, get into bed and hold me. I don't know what you're so mad about and I don't know what you're scared of because you won't talk to me. But I'm scared, too, Alex, and I can't if you won't, if we're gonna have any chance at a life together, then I need you to... please.

Where were you when he needed you? Because I was there. I was there the whole time. I was working 80 hour weeks and I was still always there. He had so many surgeries, so many procedures, he was so scared. Where were you then? Where were you? You might not get me but you don’t have to because I don’t get you either. I don’t get how a father abandons his dying son.

Cause this being a decent guy and a selfish jerk the next is getting really old. Who’s it going to be? So pick one.

God forbid we call them animals.

It’s like a bouquet of corpses.

I love you. I’ll always love you. So even though you’ll be gone, but you will never be forgotten by me.

I think you and the pig murderer would make a great couple.

He trusted you to be his ‘shepherd.’

Parental disappointment ends with a medical degree.

This so beats tampon training.

You are the one that got me fired. You owe me this you little bitch. Unless you want me that snotty Reed, what’s her name? And tell her how much you love her, because I will.

You never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. The day you think are going to be big ones, they’re never as big as you make them out to be in your head. It’s the regular days, the ones that start out normal; those are the days that end up being the biggest. And today was the wedding. It was beautiful. Perfect.

I’m trying to save Bambi’s life. My interns think I’m a loser.

It’s not childish to hold onto hope. It’s actually hard, very hard. Your son just wants to believe that some things can work out for the best.

I know you didn’t wake up this morning expecting this was how your first day was gonna go. You thought you’d get to reattach an arm or observe brain surgery; instead you helped save a life of a deer. You can bitch and complain about it or you could adjust your expectations. ‘Cause like it or not, you’re stuck with me. And I’m the kind of doctor that lets a little kid convince her she can do the impossible. Oh plus, when I woke up today I thought it was going to go a lot differently too. I thought I was going to get the good interns; instead I get stuck with the duds. So I have to adjust my expectations as well.

just because people do horrible things doesn’t mean they’re horrible people.

Some things are worth fighting for.

I’m just saying, I learned how to fight in the trailer park. Where did she learn to fight? Boarding school? Not quite the same thing.

I’m a street fighter. I have some bad ass in me. I can take a girl down.

Meredith put her mom in a baggy and brought her to work.

Hot perfect sex requires shaved legs.

I think a patient feels better if they know their kids are terrified. I think they’re more likely to pull their surgery if they know that their wives are not panicked. I think those things matter.

You’re right Cristina, in the contest to see who can be the best robot, you win.

I don’t need guys. I don’t need sex because this competition is my work-gasm. Cristina, would you focus. It’s so much more fun kicking your ass when you focus.

Great doctors have that extra instinct, George. They just know. I have to have that instinct George. My instincts lately, very bad. Really bad. They told me to go to cardio. They told me to have sex with a married man. They are not serving me well. I am in danger of going extinct here if this keeps up. And I’m going to win this contest for no other reason that I have to win it!

I’m a little worried about my friend Alex here because his Jane Doe girlfriend keeps showing up like something out of Fatal Attraction.

You’re not pregnant first of all, and Alex is turning his life upside down to be your baby daddy and I can’t tell him because of confidentiality. So yeah, I’m upset.

What do you prefer Meredith, chocolate cake or an STD?

If you see Karev, get an 18 gage needle and shove it in his throat.

Give me back my surgery or I'll shoot your ass off!

People are terrible to the people they love sometimes. They're mean. You were both having a hard time and you took it out on each other. It doesn't make you the worst wife in the world. It just makes you a person who made a mistake.

You can't blame yourself. Some people are just broken. I guess you just try not to care too much and you can't be disappointed.

Owen Hunt is murdering sadistic bastard. He’s stabbing pigs, defenseless pigs. Or as he likes to call it, live tissue because God forbid you should call them animals.

I’m saying this to you as my roommate and not my attending. You disgust me.

It’s like a bouquet of corpses.

If you die, she will not get over it. She will not move on. She will think she can. But she will not be able to move on.

They’re all silent rage-y.

Stars and exes, dude. We’re pickin’ wishes.

I think it’s nice. Your date. I think you and the pig murderer will make a nice couple.

You only get to do a first date once. It should be fun and sexy and oh! Ask really good questions. Ask him why he wants to save lives. Ask him what his best surgery ever was.

You are like the guy that graduated from high school and still hangs out on the football field.

I can feel you. I can smell you. If you’re dead how come I can smell you skin. So I’m thinking, maybe you’re not dead. Maybe that was the part of me that was crazy, the part that thought you died, this is the not crazy part. You’re still alive, right? That’s it. Are you a ghost or a dream?

Scientist believe what they can see, what they can feel. Facts. Hard facts. I slapped you, that is a fact. I felt your face on my hand, fact. I can feel your breath against my skin, fact.

Miracles happen. Medical miracles happen every day. People live even when they shouldn’t, they live.

In the choice between heaven and hell, I choose heaven. I choose life.

The interns are broken. They’ve been punished for taking out their own appendixes and it’s making them hate medicine. They’re lost right now and they’ve forgotten that this thing they hate is actually a thing they love. So, I’m going to remind them.

You losers really think you’re capable of holding someone’s life in your hands when you can barely finish the intern bowl.

Dr. Bailey is an ass. Say that she doesn’t listen to the patients when they have important information about the interns.

You’re unmotivated, careless, selfish, distractive, and pretty much the people in this hospital I wouldn’t trust with my life. But that’s the way it’s supposed to be, you’re interns. You’re babies. And you’re all lucky to work here. We’re all lucky because we get to save lives. Every day we get to save lives. That’s what we do, that’s our job. It’s not something a lot of people get to do.

She is not fine! She had hallucinations. She had visual, auditory, and tactile hallucinations about her dead fiancĂ©. She thought she could talk to him and touch him. She’s not fine. You’re missing something. You’re not looking in the right place. Go back and figure out what you’re missing.

You think that every time you diagnose a patient, hand someone a death sentence, there’s a prize? The prize is you didn’t screw it up this time. The prize is you people actually did something right. The prize is you were doctors today. You were doctors, that is the prize!

They’re all doctors. Their patients shouldn’t suffer just because I have things growing on my organs.

I love you mom. I love you so much, but we do better loving each other from a distance.

You never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. The days you think are going to be big ones; they’re never as big as you make them out to be in your head. It’s the regular days, the ones that start out normal; those are the days that end up being the biggest. Today is the wedding. It was beautiful. Perfect.

You never know the biggest day of your life is the biggest day. Not until it’s happening. You don’t recognize the biggest day of your life, not until you’re right in the middle of it. the day you commit to the something or someone, the day you get your heart broken, the day you meet your soulmate, the day you realize there’s not enough time, because you want to live forever. Those are the biggest days, the perfect days. You know, it was a beautiful day.

I’m so sorry. George is dead. He’s dead, they’re about to put him in the ground and the priest is doing classic rock lyrics and that girl, that redhead is crying harder than his mother. And she never even met him. And you got married on a post-it. And I got cancer, what!?

I had a five percent chance of survival. I have incurable cancer but I am living with it. And the only reason I am, the only reason I’m standing here right now is because no one ever said to me, we’ve done everything we can do. I’m alive right now because people have fought for me. Cristina fought for me. He deserves the chance to fight. If he doesn’t want it, fine, I will shut up, but he deserves a chance.

Because it’s crazy. Surgery, it’s just a job. It’s the thing you come home from, not the thing you come home to, and if you lose your job, you get another one. Cause there’s always another one. If you love, if you think you’re losing your love, then suddenly nothing else matters.

No comments: