Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grey's Anatomy: Meredith Grey

Did you choose me for the surgery because I slept with you?

No, there will be no more memories. I'm not the girl in the bar anymore, and you're not the guy. This can't exist. You get that right?

I was the one who was drunk, and you are not that good-looking.

You’re unhappy with your penis?

Girlfriend comes with the GPS.

Stop acting like my surrogate father. Just because you slept with my mother doesn’t make you my father.

If I hadn't taken the Hippocratic Oath, I would Kevorkian her with my bare hands.

You can't comment, make a face or react in any way. We had sex.

You walked away. And now it’s too late. There’s too much water under the thing or whatever.

You were that girl, huh. The girl who slept with the professor? We had one in my class, she only got to the radiologist, though. No one got near the cardio god.

George, I am truly, deeply, very sorry. And I’m not going to make excuses. I’m just sorry. Look, I know you’re going to get off this elevator and walk away and not look back, I know that. But George we’re friends. Real friends. And that means, no matter how long it takes, when you finally do decide to look back, I’ll still be here.

No, the Thing. Exchange the details, pretend we care. Look, I'm gonna go upstairs and take a shower. Okay? And when I get back here, you won't be here so, um... good-bye, um...

Which makes me very cool in the eyes of my dead mother.

I thought the Nazi would be... the Nazi.

Suturing, code-running, lab-delivering, penis binders.

She’s losing it. She almost battered and deep fried an 8 and a half million dollar check this morning.

Custody of a penis? Ok, well what am I supposed to do with the penis?

Well, you know that and carrying around a penis just makes everything seem so shiny and happy.

Oh, you know, just sitting here with my penis.

People are what matters. Alex is one of our people we can’t leave him out in the cold.

You are in a relationship with no words. And you are a millionaire in twenty dollar shoes.

Non-smokers only please, no pets & absolutely no Bush supporters need apply.

Waiting rooms are full of people hoping for good news. She was the only one who looked like she had completely given up.

They're everywhere. All the time. Izzie's all perky and George does this thing where he's helpful and considerate. They share food, and they say things, and they move things, and they breathe. Ugh, they're, like, happy.

I’m really trying here to be happy. And I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe with you looking about me like that, so just stop!

I'm going to become a lesbian.

Good things come to those who wait.

He had his hand on your ass, I sure hope you were close.

I lost my panties last night.

Fools on bikes killing themselves. Natural selection is what it is.

Killing my mother is not going to be another thing that happens to me.

How do you manage to make everything dirty?

I had a near death whatever. I was dead, and now I’m not. So I’d like to use this chance up and use it to be more positive. People are what matters. Paint with all the colors of the wind.

Of course, now you know every time he gets a rise, he'll be thinking of you.

So, what we can walk around in our underwear on alternate Tuesdays? Or you could see bras, but not panties? Or are you talking Amish rules? Because if you think you're gonna get Izzie to cover herself...

We've done enough sneaking for tonight. It was good sneaking, but enough sneaking.

It's my party and I'll get drunk if I want to.

Sorry, I have a sex life.

I don't need to talk about it. I experienced it... naked.

Complicated, for me. I'm the intern sleeping with the attending.

You have a wife. Your life is complicated. I have complicated all on my own.

Are you really as shallow and callous as you seem?

Oh, okay. Well, I don't want to go out with you... but I think I really might be seeing someone.

You keep taking everything on faith. How do you know what's real and what's not?

Oh don't you tell me to lighten up. I'll lighten up when I... feel light.

I want facts, and until I get them, my pants are staying on.

You don't always get what you expect.

Wine first, talk later.

Okay, everybody, let’s do this once. I’m fine. She’s cremated. I picked out a beautiful urn and she’s hanging out in the back of my closet. Any more questions about my dead mother or can we get back to work?

Okay, me you can screw with. My mother, no. Not okay.

I think Claire is killing herself to please you. You're her mother. She worships the ground you walk on. She didn't do this for herself.

They say, practice makes perfect, theory is the more you think like a surgeon the more you become one. The better you get at remaining neutral, clinical, cut suture close, the harder it becomes to turn it off, to stop thinking like a surgeon, and remember what it means to think like a human being.

Do you? Somehow I doubt that. Because if you did, you would shut up, and turn around and go back inside. Because you would realize that I am this close to getting in my car and running you down in the parking lot!

This is so not an Ellis Grey thing.

I wore my new lip gloss because my ex boyfriend’s wife looks like Isabella Rossellini and I’m freaking me. I’m trying to outdo her when she's the victim here. How crazy is that.

I'm an evil mistress.

It’s not Tyler’s fault you’re a dirty, dirty stripper.

I miss dirty stripper Cristina. She was fun. Lot less angry.

Let's play a game of whose life sucks the most. I'll win. I always win.

Did you hear me? I said Derek is married, as in pig-headed, adulterous, liar, married. Nothing you could say could top that.

What was I to you? The girl you screwed to get over being screwed?

After all this time, all your warnings about me sleeping with my boss and you're doing the same exact thing.

I think you should. I think we all should go there. Tell the truth, spit it out, go with your gut, follow your instincts.

It's not us. It's them. Them and their stupid boy... penises. They didn't tell me they had a wife. They gave absolutely no warning that they were going to break up with you.

Endorphins are good, endorphins are supposed to make us feel better.

I think you can’t wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life. I think you have to save yourself.

No, the problem is tequila.

With the stupid boy penis.

Penises, Izzie!

We screw boys like whores on tequila.

Your wife screwed your best friend.

You’re a good friend. Actually you’re my best friend in the whole entire world.

She’s my best friend. And right from wrong, she was there when you weren’t.

You had marital amnesia.

You can’t do that. Not look happy after sex, it’s bad for the ego.

When you waited two months to tell me and I had to find out by her showing up, all leggy and fabulous, and her telling me herself, you pulled the plug. I'm a sink with an open drain, and anything you say, runs right out. There is no enough.

Pregnant whore.

Hating you is the most exhausting.

You did the best you could. That’s all anybody can do.

Yeah, if this were a hell dimension.

It's not okay. You have a wife who's not easy to hate, who's annoyingly kind and painfully smart, and currently saving my friend's life.

Was it good impulsive or Meredith impulsive? Because if it was Meredith impulsive, I might be able to help you get out of it.

Sooner or later, we have to put aside our denial and face the world, guns blazing. Denial: it's not just a river in Egypt. It's a freaking ocean. So how do you keep from drowning in it?

Okay, here it is. Your choice, it's simple, her or me. And I'm sure she's really great. But Derek, I love you. In a really, big really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your bedroom window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you... love you. So pick me. Choose me. Love me. I'll be at Joe's tonight so if you do decide to sign the papers, meet me there.

I'm trying to insert my own banana bag... which sounds kinda dirty, but it really isn't.

Some people just keep their feelings to themselves.

I actually said "pick me". Right? I did? "Pick me"?

It's not romantic, Joe. It's horrifying. Horror-movie horrifying. Carrie at the prom with the pig's blood, horrifying!

Dude, you lost your mojo.

I hope you find your mojo, Alex. I find you disturbing without it.

I was trying to talk boy.

It’s just that bad sex isn’t really something that wives want announced to the dirty ex-mistress.

What is going on in here?! Everybody, out! Out! Mr. Herman is a patient, a surgical patient, who is sick and embarrassed and tired of being stared at. You two, this isn’t a zoo! Out! Out! Out! You know, if all of you want to point and whisper and stare at me, knock yourself out. ‘Look at Meredith. Isn’t she sad and pathetic and heartbroken? Maybe she’s gone mental.’ Maybe I have. But leave Mr. Herman alone. You should be ashamed of yourself. And what are you looking at?

Charlotte's smart. She's got wrinkles on her forehead. Very serious.

I'm talking to you. In short, mono-syllabic sentences laced with disdain and contempt.

You know, the "marble bath, private pool, gated community" guy.

Forty years ago The Beatles asked the world a simple question. They wanted to know where all the lonely people came from. My latest theory is that, a great many lonely people come from hospitals. More precisely, the surgical wing of hospitals. As surgeons, we ignore our own needs so we can meet our patient's needs. We ignore our friends and families so we can save other people's friends and families, which means that the end of the day, all we really have is ourselves. And nothing in this world can make you feel more alone than that.

What do you think happens when people push babies out of their vagina?

You’re using me for central heating?

There’s a line between friends and not friends, and if I tell you this, if I tell you this horrible thing, then you have to react as my friend and not my not friend.

We know, he cheated on you! That's why we let you turn the living room into Santa's freaking Village.

What are you doing? With Olivia. You’re letting her think you're emotionally available. You’re letting her think that she has a chance. And there is nothing worse in the world than thinking you have a chance than when you don't.

We're not big on holidays. You know that. We're trying to be supportive because you're having a hard time. But right now, Alex, he's having a harder time.

Because he's dirty Uncle Sal.

Dirty Uncle Sal. Who embarrasses everyone at family reunions, and who can't be left alone with the teenage girls, but you invite him to the picnic anyway.

I have a mother who doesn't recognize me. As far as family goes, this hospital, you guys are it. So, I know you're pissed at Alex, but, maybe you could try to help him anyway. Sort of like the spirit of this holiday you keep shoving down everybody's throats.

But here's the truth about the truth: It hurts. So we lie.

Oh yeah, my ex-boyfriend moved his wife to Seattle. Reason: To torture me.

Happy to be tortured.

He hurt me, when he chose you.

Revenge sex is not the answer. If you’re letting her go, let her go.

Oh, oh, on the table, keep me draped. Too many people have seen my naked already. I’d like to keep whatever dignity I have left.

Okay, the man I love has a wife, and then he chooses her over me. And that wife takes my dog, okay she didn’t take my dog I gave it to her, but I meant to give it to him. But that does not change the fact that she has my McDreamy and my McDog. She’s got my McLife. And what do I got? You know I can’t remember the last time we kissed. Because you never think the last time is the last time because you think there will be more. You think you have forever but you don’t. Plus, my conditioner decided to stop working and I think I have brittle bones. I just need something to happen. I need a sign that things are going to change. I need a reason to go on. I need some hope. And in the absence of hope, I need to stay in bed and feel like I might die today.

Show me something. Give me a reason to believe.

You see this, being dreamy. It doesn’t help. It messes with my head.

Do you know, I can't remember the last time we kissed? 'Cause you never think the last time's going to be the last time - you think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don't.

Plus my conditioner decided to stop working and I think I have brittle bones. I just - I just need something to happen. I need a sign that things are going to change. I need a reason to go on. I need some hope! And in the absence of hope, I need to stay in bed a feel like I might die today.

Today is the day, people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears for forever and bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You’ll probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore because the sheer intensity of my happiness is gonna make your teeth hurt. That’s okay because life is good. Life is good.

I might not be cut out for bright and shiny.

I just need something to happen, I need a sign that things are going to change. I need a reason to go on. I need some hope! And in the abscence of hope, I need to stay in bed a feel like I'm going to die today.

I can't, I can't remember our last kiss. All I could think about was, "I'm going to die today and I can't remember our last kiss," which is pathetic. But the last time we were together and happy, I... want to be able remember that, and I can't Derek. I can't remember.

Only when things are really ironic.

I don't see what McDreamy or McSteamy see in her.

My mommy's a filthy whore.

We just met and already you're talking about bed. Not very subtle.

Are you hitting on me? In a hospital?

Well I heard about you all the way here in Seattle, so I guess we have a lot in common.

McSexy wants an X-ray to check for fractures and I think it's a bad idea if I take him.

McSteamy.

He's not the kind of guy you leave if you can help it.

I didn’t know I didn’t want to. You were there. And you were saying all these perfect things and I was sad. And so I thought maybe, maybe I’ve just been overlooking what’s been in front of me. And if I just give it a chance because you’re George and you’re so great, I didn’t know I didn’t want to until I knew I didn’t want to. Can we please just go back to everything the way it was?

I should point out that there is absolutely nothing you could say that would make me go upstairs with you. I’m kinda offended that you think I would go upstairs with you. And you should know that I am celibate.

Too often, going after what feels good, means letting go of what you know is right.

Sensitivity. I like that in a stranger.

George, Callie is hot. She’s like a really sexy, dirty hot. And she’s hot for you. My opinion, you could keep using the darts as weapons or you could go get lucky with the sexy, hot, dirty girl.

I got hot chocolated. The she-Shepard hot chocolated me.

You don’t get to call me a whore. When I met you, I had thought I found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done. So all the boys and all the bars and all the obvious daddy issues, who cares, because I was done. You left me. You chose Addison. I’m all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don’t get to call me a whore.

But it meant something. That you called. It meant something to me.

No! I'm not alright? Okay? Are you satisfied? I'm not alright. Because you have a wife, and you call me a whore, and our dog died, and now you're looking at me again. Stop looking at me.

I wore a lot of black, had the whole angry pink hair thing going on. Wouldn't have been caught dead at a prom.

There is nothing familiar about this. Unfamiliar. Denny died. The man she loves, died.

So all of a sudden I'm the president of people with crappy lives?

NO! My fantasy is not two men looking at each other!

No talking until one of you figures out how to put on a date! I want heat, I want romance... dammit! I want to feel like a frickin' lady!

McSteamy! Woohoo!

Haven’t you heard? Now I’m an adulterous whore.

I'm dating. And it comes with snacks.

Can I just say how much it helps that I am on drugs right now?

And if I died today, I’d only be known as the slutty intern who dated two doctors.

Now all my boys are here. You're all so handsome... and such good kissers.

It wasn't a date so much as a... disastrously... uncomfortable... sexual experience.

There's too much water under the thing or whatever...

Why bother even having a kid if you're only going to see it on weekends and holidays. You might as well just get a cat.

You decanulated a heart this morning? By yourself? Bitch!

If it were me, I wouldn’t even have the test. I mean what’s the point, we’re all gonna die anyways. It’s the 'Hello Kitty' band-aid on my forehead. It’s freaking me out.

We take our miracles where we find them. We reach across the gap and sometimes, against all odds, against all logic, we touch.

This is the brain thing. This is the ketamine neurotransmitter, right?

He's a brain surgeon, how can he be so brainless?!

'Cause you'd think if it were my brain doing this, the first person I'd want to see, no offense, would be...

I was swimming. I was fighting. And then I thought, just for a second, I thought 'What's the point?' And I let go. I stopped fighting. Don't tell anybody.

I had intimacy issues!

I’m a girl with abandonment issues. You have to sleep with me from now on.

You sleep with inappropriate women when you’re sober.

It's not enough! It's not enough, just a whiff of Derek, or Cristina! I need to go back! Please? I need - I need...

On call rooms. Sleep when you can, where you can. You know, but not with anybody. Not attendings, especially not attendings. Sleeping with attendings, not a good idea. Where was I?

You were that kid in high school.

I don't want you to date other people. I may not be enough for you, but I'm trying here so I don't want you to date anybody but me. That's it. Except I'm scared as hell to want you. But here I am wanting you anyway. And the fear means I have something to lose, right? And I don't want to lose you.

Resident again now. Stop stealing crap from the hospital.

Giving birth may be all intense and magical and stuff but the act itself is not exactly pleasant. But it's also the beginning of something incredible... something new... something unpredictable... something true... something worth loving... something worth missing... something that will change your life forever.

I'm still mad at you. And I don't know if I trust you. I wanna trust you but I don't know if I do, so I'm just gonna try. I'm gonna try and trust you because I believe that we can be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart.

Stupid, corny, idiotic, I can't believe I did this. Stupid, loser, son of a ... I could be at home instead of ... oh stupid, stupid brain man!

What was the point? All those hours and all that money. What's the point? The world is a horrible place. Young people die of diseases. It makes absolutely no sense to try to be happy in a world that's such a horrible place.

Every surgeon I know has a shadow. A dark cloud of fear and doubts that follows even the best of us into the O.R.

Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever wanna live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then look around. Drink it in. 'Cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow.

I think she's more of a "gentle stalker."

But I would know if he was the one right. You knew, right?

Okay, you know when you don't need to be made fun of? Like, when you have your hand inside a body that's got a bomb in it and a stranger is Velcro-ing a flak-jacket to your boobs.

Us with the boobs? We make some bad choices.

It’s what you do when someone dies. You cook.

Sometimes doing something is worse than doing nothing.

How do you know when how much is too much? Too much too soon. Too much information. Too much fun. Too much love. Too much to ask... And when is it all just too much to bear?

I hope you find your major Alex, I find you disturbing without it.

Enough! This is not dating... I want moonlight and flowers and candy... and people trying to feel me up... nobody is trying to feel me up! Nobody is even looking at me! I'm an intern... do the two of you have any idea how much effort it takes to do all this? I'm waxed, I plucked and have a clean top on and the two of you are looking at each other! NO! My fantasy is not two men looking at each other! No talking until one of you figures out how to put on a date! I want heat, I want romance... dammit! I want to feel like a freakin' lady!

Don't wonder why people go crazy, wonder why they don't.

Nobody is that happy. She’s on drugs.

So you think I'm broken, fix me, because I'm no quitter.

It takes two to make a stupid sexual decision.

You don't know this yet, but life isn’t supposed to be like this. It’s not supposed to be this hard.

Alex, do you care that I was the intern stupid enough to screw the married attending?

Cristina, you lost a boyfriend, a baby, a fallopian tube, all in one day. You have a right to be upset.

I feel like one of those people who's so freaking miserable they can't be around normal people. Like I'll infect the happy people. Like I'm some miserable, diseased, dirty ex-mistress.

Everybody is a liar.

Get your own fake mom.

The me that I am is horny for the you that you are.

So I’m supposed to go to dinner at your fake apartment with the guy you fake live with?

You're like the old lady whisperer. They really cheer up when you're around.

Stop whining! This is your wedding day. You will go down that aisle and you will get married. If I have to kick your ass every step to get your there, you will walk down the aisle, you will get married. Do you hear me Cristina? We need this. We need you to get your happy ending.

I’m celibate. I’m practicing celibacy. And drinking does not go well with celibacy because it makes everything and everyone seems kinda horny, and then my head gets all cloudy and then the next thing you know, I’m naked. My point is I’m celibate and knitting is good for surgical dexterities. So I’m knitting a sweater. There are those of us who love to play games, any game. And there are those of us who play a little too much.

Every guy I meet turns out to be married.

You could sleep with him and then right in the middle of it, start crying. It’s painful, and humiliating, and unbelievably cruel. But apparently, it works.

Spontaneous orgasms that would solve so many problems.

Some days the whole world seems upside down.

I would break up the break up sex, there will be no more break up sexing.

We don’t do well with mothers here.

As mothers go, I’ve only ever known overbearing, never overprotective.

Dr. Wyatt, my mother took a scalpel and sliced her wrists in front of me, and I sat on the kitchen floor in a pool of her blood waiting until she passed out so I could call 9-1-1. It’s not okay to talk about it.

We're friends, real friends, and that means no matter how long it takes, when you finally do decide to look back, I'll still be here.

We don’t have to do this, I’m not in shock. I’m not wrapped with grief. I’m just trying to move on.

The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

It’s much better to be alone and feel like a success than to be in a relationship and feel like a failure all the time, right?

You can’t have relationship built on a lie, can you?

If there's just one piece of advice I can give you, it's this -- when there's something you really want, fight for it, and don’t give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you've lost hope, ask yourself, if 10 years from now, you're going to wish you gave it one more shot. Because the best things in life... they don't come free.

I'm dark and twisty.

It’s okay, I can accept rejection. I’ve got my knitting. The weird thing is, I thought I just saw my father.

In medical school, we have a hundred classes that teach us how to fight off death and not one lesson in how to go on living.

It’s good that you’re trying. You wouldn’t be you if you were the kind of person who didn’t try to make it work.

We're all susceptible to it. The dread and anxiety of not knowing what's coming. It's pointless in the end. Because all the worrying, and all the making of plans for the things that could happen it only makes things worse. So, walk your dog, or take a nap. Just, whatever you do, stop worrying. Because the only cure for paranoia is to be here. Just the way you are.

Stop looking at me like that. Like you've seen me naked.

Me not wanting to talk about my family does not make me scary or damaged.

This is an actual hospital. There are sick people here. Go to sleep and stop wasting my time.

I wish I wanted to be a chef, or a ski instructor, or a kindergarten teacher.

When I told my mother I wanted to go to medical school, she tried to talk me out of it. Said I didn’t have what it takes. That I would never make it. So the way I see it, superhero sounds pretty damn good.

That was amazing. You practice on cadavers. You learn, and you think you're gonna know what you feel like standing over the table, but that was such a high. I don't know why anybody does drugs.

You’re enjoying your meal at the International House of Silence. Burke, you have to feed Cristina. She doesn’t cook and she will starve to death.

So I made it through my first shift, we all did. The other interns are all good people, you'd like them. I think. Irk maybe. I like them. Oh and, I’m not gonna sell the house. I’m gonna keep it. I’ll have to get a couple of roommates, but it's home.

Oh my God. She bit it off. That’s his penis. She bit off his penis.

How can two people be in a relationship and not talk?

It’s the chase, isn't it? The thrill of the chase. I’ve been wondering to myself why you are so hell bent on getting me to go out with you. You know you’re my boss, you it’s against the rules, you know I keep saying no. it's the chase. You see, this is a game to you, but not to me. Because unlike you, I still have something to prove.

I hate you and your cake.

Right now, just in this moment, I hate you.

You have got to be kidding me! Okay, I have more important things to deal with than you. I have roommates, and boy problems, and family problems. You want to act like a little frat boy bitch that’s fine. You want to take credit for your saves and everybody else's that’s fine too. Just stay out of my face. And for the record you smell like crap.

We're adults, when did that happen? And how do we make it stop?

I’m sorry, your body is lying to your mind.

We're interns, Hank. The hospital owns us, that's what we do.

No good can come from sleeping with your boss.

He called me a whore. He lost the right to picture me.

Everyone thinks I’ll know what to say to her. I don’t know what to say to her. Dark and twisty Meredith. I’m not dark and twisty. And if I am dark and twisty, it’s because I live my life under a banner of avoidance. I avoid. I’m an avoider.

Good people do bad things. People screw up. He’s still a person. We don’t know what crime he committed. We can’t judge.

All crimes are crimes of passion. There’s always a reason. People don’t do stuff like that because they forget it’s illegal.

No. Mothers don’t love me. Mothers love bright and bubbly and Izzie. Mothers love Izzie.

I’m not the kind of girl mothers like. I’m not happy and bubbly. I’m dark and cloudy. Because I’m the type of crazy person who feels bad for serial killers.

You who pretend to be my friends are calling me pathetic, behind my back, in front of my face. Why don’t you just dump the pig’s blood on me now and get it over with?

I’m a vapid narcissist when you mix me with alcohol.

They always look so sad when I kick them out. Seriously, why don’t guys understand that when you pick them up from a bar and take them home for sex, there are no picket fences or kids in your future?

If you had no intention of using it in the first place, you shouldn’t of taken it.

I was staring at the ceiling in abject horror. My one night stand is a neurosurgical case.

It only gets problematic when you start to care. When you let your emotions get in the way.

I’m determined to be optimistic.

If my mother hadn’t gotten Alzheimer’s, I’d probably be you.

She’s charming, she’s fabulous, and then, she’s the enemy.

Do you think I like making these decisions for you? Do you think it’s fun to get call from the nursing home, asking whether I was planning on giving the nurse, who changes you every morning a Christmas tip? But I do it, because you have managed to alienate everyone else in your life. And I am the only one, so I have to step up and do it. You want to know why I am so unfocused, so ordinary? You want to know what happened to me, you. You happened to me. Because killing my mother is not going to be anything that happens to me.

Right, because you are a no-feelings type of girl. Your heart lives in your vagina.

You’re like Lexie with the inappropriate feelings for inappropriate people.

I lost the better part of my liver trying to solve everything.

Psychologists believe that every aspect of our lives or thought processes and behavior patterns are the direct result of our relationship to our parents. That every relationship that we have is just another version of that first relationship. It’s just us trying over and over again trying to get it right.

Your intern is my half-sister. How weird is that?

We agreed. Broken up people don’t sleep over. Sex only. It’s the only part of the relationship that works.

Do you really not know where the thermometers are or are you just looking for an excuse to talk to me? Simple question, Lexie. Are you an idiot or a stalker? Okay, that was a mean thing to say. I’m aware of that because generally, I’m not a mean person. But I’m a person who just doesn’t want to know you and you are a person who is making that very difficult. So please, just stop making it so difficult to not know you, okay?

The more available he gets, the more I pull away.

No drinking with Alex. No sleeping with Alex. Get your own friends. Get your own life. Stop living in mine.

Is it weird that I like my drunk dad better than my regular dad?

I think it’s better to have someone. Even if it hurts, even if it’s the most painful thing you have to do. I think it’s better to have someone.

There are about a hundred steps between where we are and our dream house. They’ll be fun steps. They’ll be sexy steps. And we’ll try not to fall down them together. Okay?

So, yesterday you were making out with scrub nurses and today you’re building our dream house.

You don’t want to build a life with me, you want someone. You want someone who wants the same things that you want.

Adrenaline is a pretty powerful drug.

I’m not a quitter. I don’t need you rescuing me.

That’s where love exists, in delusional fantasies. Real love isn’t like that.

George we’ve had this discussion and we’ve decided it’s not appropriate to call Izzie crazy, she’s spirited.

She was a surgeon. She was an excellent surgeon, if she was really trying to kill herself she wouldn’t have slit her wrists. She knew better. She would have taken the scalpel and cut her serotic artery. It would have taken seconds to die. She didn’t really want to die. She was an excellent, gifted, extraordinary surgeon. She didn’t want to die.

‘Be extraordinary.’ She wasn’t talking about surgery.

I mean that's what happens, you're married 40 years and then you become a big fat, lying cheater. If 40 years doesn't make you committed what does? What's the point?

And then you know what's gonna happen after he moves in don't you? We build a house on his land, which will be OUR land because we'll be married. And then I'll be Dr. Mrs. Shepherd. And you know what comes after that don't you? Babies. They'll be his babies so they'll have perfect hair, and they'll be chatty. So I'll have five chatty children, a chatty husband, and live in a house in the wilderness. And then I'll start sleeping with your husband. I gotta tell him I've changed my mind. Don't you think?

I know I talk about it too much. And I know I've gone soft and gooey and disgusting. And if I had to listen to it I'd puke too. But, you said what you said because you were mad, right? Not because you meant it?

I'm leaning into the fear to get a happy ending.

Why would I be bothered? You can’t call it the Shepherd-Grey method because then people will think you had help.

I dropped an internal organ, on the floor!

I need you to tell Sloan to keep his little Sloan out of Little Grey.

She was raised right, with parents and rules, and smiley face posters on her wall.

Good people do bad things. People screw up. He’s still a person. We don’t know what crime he committed. We don’t know what he did. We can’t judge.

To some of us, surgery comes naturally. Others have to practice.

Mothers don’t like me. They like bright and happy and bubbly… Izzie. Mothers love Izzie.

Izzie can’t fix a feeling!

Well, with hanging, your neck breaks, which severs your spinal cord, which causes your blood pressure to drop to nothing, and you lose consciousness. You don’t actually die for several minutes. And with lethal injection, they inject and anesthetic first, which puts you to sleep, and then a paralytic which stops your diaphragm and lungs, and then potassium which stops your heart.

You seem like a very nice person. You’ve been very kind and you’ve given me a chance. And it seems like you want to life me, so it’s only fair you should know, the pink and the ponytail and the smiling with the teeth. I’m a fraud. It’s a fake. I’m not the kind of girl mothers like. I’m not happy and bubbly. I’m dark and cloudy because I’m the type of crazy person who feels bad for serial killers.

He’s going to die anyways, in a few days. And if he dies here, we can donate his organs to the ten year who’s going to die down the hall. And Derek won’t allow it. So no, I didn’t page him. I know you think this is wrong, but please just let me do this.

I know you don’t understand me, I don’t understand me. I wanted to show him compassion. That’s why I went. That’s the reason. And it was horrible. It was horrible.

We’re already drowning in intern drama. We don’t need resident drama.

Okay, you are going to tell me everything that’s going on. Otherwise every time I have a rectal exam or an infected abscess, it’s gonna have your name on it. Every time!

Okay, before you two go in there and start cutting on this patient, you need to apologize to each other. If not for the patient, for me, or for Lexie. Look at her, face is breaking out, her ass is humungous. If you don’t apologize right now, she’s not scrubbing in.

Derek, the man had an affair with my mother, broke up my parents’ marriage, and basically destroyed my childhood. Meanwhile, you’ve been best friends with Mark for 20 years and you’re willing to throw all that away over nothing. So don’t talk to me about holding grudges. I’ll get over mine when you get over yours.

No, she will not go apologize to him. You should be apologizing to her. I understand you’re a victim here, but there is no room for you to be a victim when you six year old is on the line. She’s stronger than you; your six year old is stronger than you. At least she did something. She stood up for the two of you which is more than you did for her. No she won’t apologize to him.

I’m sorry for the way I spoke to you earlier. I know I was out of line, and I know I can’t possibly imagine what you’ve been through. But I also know that this cannot be your daughter’s story. That she shot her dad 17 times to protect her mom and you went back to him. You have to change her story while you still have chance, for both of you. But for her, but for your little girl, you have to change her story.

Don’t do the peppy maid of honor thing. It’s creepy.

Biology. It’s crap. Utter crap. DNA, RNA, doesn’t make your family.

You’re the guy who used to pour my cereal in the morning. That’s it. That’s all I remember about you. You’re not my father. You’re just the guy who used to pour my cereal and if you die it probably won’t change my life that much, but it will change hers. If you die, it will break her and I’m not going to let you do that. I don’t know what it’s like to have a father, but I do know what it’s like to have a sister and it’s good. And if we can get through this, then the door will be open for us to get to know each other. The door is open.

No one is becoming a coroner. Hey, we are not some stupid hosts. They can’t invade us. They can’t attach themselves to our faces and then while we’re eating spaghetti, explode out of our chests and skitter across the floor. This is our ship. This is our ship. We own this hospital. We were born in this hospital and we will hold this hospital will our last gasping breath.

There was a moment for like five seconds when ‘hit by a bus’ guy wasn’t George and Izzie had just come through surgery, you and I just done our post-it. It’s like five seconds when everyone was happy.i keep closing my eyes, trying to get back to that.

I can’t solve everything. I love the better part of my liver trying to solve everything. So if you want an explanation, you have to go talk to Iz.

We can’t blame the world’s evils on alcohol, can we?

I keep telling myself there’s no problem. But if there’s no problem, why can’t I say it?

Flaws are unacceptable to Mc Dreamy. Mc Dreamy is being a Mc Ass.

I am calling Post-it, because I told my secret about my friend to my husband, not the head of neurosurgery. My husband, which I have to be able to do. So the laws of Post-it clearly prevail.

Izzie leaves and Mark gets a kid and you two decide that the best way to deal is to get drunk and mash your genitals together.

When in doubt, always go with blue. It brings out your eyes.

Is this what marriage turns into? Running out of the things to say and changing who you are? Well I didn’t marry Derek to be the Chief’s arm candy. I’m the surgeon.

Mrs. Shepherd! I don’t do brunches. I don’t miss surgeries. I don’t do Valentine’s Day.

Right, because you are a no feelings type of girl. Your heart lives in your vagina.

You had a dinner table? I didn’t know world class surgeons had dinner tables. I feel jipped.

Yeah I know, I get it. The famous grandfather. The legacy forced on you. You didn’t ask for any of it. Trust me, I get it. You’re putting up walls, and you’re avoiding him and you don’t want to introduce him to your friends, it was the same with my mother. But if she were here right now, in a room upstairs, I would want to go see her and make things right with her. And I would definitely want to go learn from her. And you still can.

You’re like Lexie with the inappropriate feelings for inappropriate people.

A baby doesn’t want me. I had the worst mother in the world. I would be the worst mother in the world.

Speaking of whores, has anyone seen the love struck intern fawning over my husband?

You bat your eyes like that, you’re an intern.

You know, at my parties we drink beer and dance on tables.

Cristina loves you. I want to but I can’t because I want to punch you in the face right now.

Hostile? Did she really call my uterus hostile?

I would never go to a hospital who puts their doctors on billboards for what it's worth.

It's pretty impossible to work this closely and not be close friends.

She doesn't do the wilderness. There aren't even any bathrooms in the wilderness.

She needs to work because surgery is who we are.

I know right now all you can see are the machines and the damage, but he's still there.

Honestly, you and Cristina are so busy supporting each other, have you even noticed that I went through a trauma too? I was the wife in the waiting room Derek, and it's so hard to be the wife in the waiting room, so hard that I walked into the OR while the shooter had a gun to you and told him to shoot me instead, that's how hard it is to be the wife in the waiting room.

She caught a fish and cried is not the whole story.

The baby doesn't want to set up shop in a hostile uterus.

I think it's right that you continue her work, but I just really want to cure her disease.

Of course, he's rejecting it because it's my liver.

You know, it's not that I don't want to share you. I mean I don't want to share you, but that's not the reason I don't want you to be Callie's baby's godmother...It just seems like if you agree to be Callie's baby's godmother, you're saying that I'll never have a baby of my own.

This future imaginary baby of ours better be worth it.

Whereas if you're my baby's godmother-in-waiting. It's only me and Derek. One wrong turn down a dark, twisty road. Boom, you're in.

My boobs, they are huge. Am I supposed to like big boobs?

I'm taking baby drugs to make my uterus less hostile...

You're missing a lot. He had a girl go crazy on him. His wife almost died and then she walked out on him. And then he was shot and almost bled to death in an elevator. He's been through a lot. So the Neanderthal thing is just—it is an act. Well-executed one.

Yesterday at that baby shower, I was jealous of Callie because she got pregnant without trying. And we tried. I get shots, I take my temperature, I put my legs in the air, and nothing. The universe says screw you Meredith and gives Callie a kid and then puts Callie through a windshield. I mean what the hell is going on? What's the point?

If you can think of a reason; any reason at all why the universe is so screwed up and random and mean; now would be an amazingly good time to tell me because I really need some answers.

My mother was about as nurturing as a steak knife.

I'm a surgeon and I'm a good surgeon and I want to be a good mother. Honestly, I don't know much about it, but I'm ready to learn and I'm a fast learner. And I will do whatever it takes to be a good mom.

I always said I'd be happier alone. I have my work, my friends, but someone in your life all the time? More trouble than it's worth. Apparently, I got over it.

Okay, we're gonna be okay. You and I, we're a team, right? We're tough. We have that in common. I am very glad you're here. I didn't think your first day would be quite like this, but I'm gonna get it together, and we're gonna figure this out.

Go hug yourself!

You're not crazy. You're a Grey.

Well, the thong is unprofessional.

No comments: