Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gossip Girl: Lily van der Woodsen

We're doing comfort food: nobody is comforted by a tuna tower.

Young Lily: Watch where you're going, you idiot, you almost got udon on my Gucci!

Young Lily: I don't even know how to be a prostitute. I mean really, how much small talk is required? And where do you even go? And are BJs a must? Because if that's the case, I'm so not doing that.

Whenever anybody hears the name Serena van der Woodsen, they are going to think of how she helped scam her friends and family out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

You just have to wait until they finish college. Or in the case of Serena, rebel and NOT go.

You know, it's really nice to be here with someone who doesn't hate these things.

If William wants to move in to be closer to the kids, I'm not going to stand in his way.

The minute people start treating you like you're sick your body starts to listen to it.

Walk away, Serena. Until you do, you're not welcome in this home.

I draw the line at door-to-door.

Young Lily: Is this the moment you fall in love with me? Oh, it is, isn't it? You're totally falling in love with me right now.

Young Lily: Wait, let me at least fix my make-up.

Young Lily: Do I look like I'm wearing a Halloween costume?

Young Lily: But being us is awesome!

This is an adult scandal.

I asked the caterer for a '99 Brunello; it's not a PTA meeting!

It was right out of the Old Serena playbook. You could have thrown in a few boys from the lacrosse team and it would have been the Constance mother-daughter luncheon all over again.

Oh, sweetie. I could never think of you as a bad person. You got into Brown.

I can't believe we're all here on a Saturday night. That's a lot of canceled restaurant reservations.

I don't want to spend another day yet another minute trapped in this hotel room scared that you are going to hate me forever... when I'm still in love with you.

You don't think I've thought about this child every day of his life? You want to meet him. Have you thought about what happens after that? What if we find out he's had a horrible life? Or what if we instantly love him and then it's very clear that we've made a terrible mistake?

The only reason he got in that car is because you called him.

We're doing comfort food: nobody is comforted by a tuna tower.

I never thought my life would turn out like this. I always tried to do the right thing!

Serena, as usual you're being overly dramatic. I'm not marrying Bart. This is very casual. And, regardless, I'm not asking for your permission.

I figured social climbing would be more fulfilling.

It makes jokes. Cute.

No comments: