Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Degrassi: The Next Generation: Jimmy Brooks

Your friend's gay, stop hating and just deal.

Manny Santos, my how you've grown!

You’ve got to lead the horse to the water, my friend. You can’t make her drink, but you can make her thirsty.

Don’t make me start a Terry list. Top line, you’re nosy. Doesn’t mind own business.

16. Dances like a stupid robot. 17. Bad taste in movies.

So you come to my house to steal my parents’ booze.

If jerks like him knew how beautiful you are on the inside, they’d keep their mouth shut.

‘We cling to one another. Storm raging around. My head slips under the water, you can’t hear me cry. So I let go. Drift away, leave your comfort behind to save us.’

What you need is some sleep because it’s obvious you’re not getting enough oxygen to your brain.

Hey, if people make fun of your tomorrow just be like, ‘Don’t be all up in my fries, dog.’

Sweet of you to bring this disguise but hate to tell you it does nothing to hide this enormous pile of scrap metal that I’m sitting in.

It was more like a ‘What’s with the gimp?’ drive by?

Today was an obstacle course, okay. I brought my A-game. I had my A-game. I’m ready to come home, now you have to be ready for it.

Wheels. Chair. It’s a wheel chair. Gawk all you want, it’s not going away.

I understand. I probably should have been there for you instead at the hospital getting a bullet removed from my spine. My bad.

Rick put me in this chair for life. For life! Sometimes I just wish he had better aim. Finish the job.

How do you know what I mean? Are you in the chair, huh? Do you wake up every morning thinking you can walk and then remembering that you will never ever walk again?! It’s not your fault. It’s mine.

Alex, it’s a heart. Try to find one.

I got something for it. Ashley please don’t go, please don’t leave me. Don’t fall in love with an ugly limey.

Okay, you can’t throw fries at a kid in a wheelchair.

The power from the shot comes from your legs, not from your hands. The hands just guide the ball.

Congratulations, you just got beat by a cripple.

Just because they let you back, it does not change who you are.

Just a heads up. You should be careful with this guy. He’s dangerous, you know. He tends to get people shot. That’s no good. I don’t know what he told you but I doubt it’s the truth.

Downtown Sasquatch, go forth and play the chicken dance.

I just draw stuff I imagine. Stuff I see when I close my eyes. It’s like I have a pen in my hand and everything goes shhh… and then I can say everything want to say, everything I need to say right there on a piece of paper.

I can’t. That’s impossible. I’m in a wheelchair. Okay? I’m never walking again. You keep trying to bring this old Jimmy back. The star player. The athlete. That Jimmy is gone. That Jimmy got shot.

Look, when I said you were dead to me, I meant forever. You don’t exist.

There’s not much brain to wash.

Yeah I guess it’s kinda hard to find a school with such a unique combo of shootings and gonorrhea outbreaks.

Ellie Nash, my biggest fan.

Me and you, we’re friends but we’re also guys, ergo we do not talk about our sex lives, okay.

We cannot live without ‘you know’.

Is that all there is? I have to turn into a sex robot, pump me up and watch me go?

I just don’t want to be a virgin for the rest of my life.

Do you know what it feels like for your epitaph to read Jimmy Brooks, Crippled Virgin?

If you’re lucky enough to find someone you love who loves you back, it’s a gift. You know what I’m saying?

No comments: