Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Degrassi: The Next Generation: Liberty van Zandt

[poem] Smile like a sunbeam, heart subordinate to his heart, makes me lie awake.

Go back to saving rain forests and whales, Emma, because when it comes to helping people, you suck.

Some advice, find a dictionary and look up ‘pathetic’.

Emma lives for stabbing you in the back, ripping out your heart and then stomping it bloodless with her pointy ballerina feet.

Emma, are you really gonna let a couple of prepubescent boys dictate your amusement?

Craig has my two favorite qualities. Passion and punctuality

You never stop surprising me J.T. You’re normally, how do I put this nicely? Such a slob.

Manny, a true champion doesn’t let a silly, little monthly visitor stand in between her and victory.

Okay girls, remember what Napoleon said: Once must know when to leave the skin of the lion to take the skin of a fox.

You want me as a tutor I want you as a date, final offer.

Psst. Manny. Are you aware that I can see your underpants? Maybe some people don’t want to see you underpants all day.

Actually I wasn’t going for a veneration of the fifties. Perhaps I was consciously inspired by Sean’s mastery work on our assignment. Work I look for to continuing.

I should have known. You’re James Dean and I’m just some square girl who no one asked to the sock hop.

Jealousy’s really ugly, Emma. Guess what, it’s easy letting you go, straight to hell.

No, Emma lives for stabbing you in the back, ripping out your heart, and stomping it bloodless with her pointy ballerina feet.

A student died in this school Mr. Radich, and fuzzy songs with awkward choreography isn’t going to help us deal with it.

Radishes, radishes, not so sweet, red and round and gross to eat. They have power and cruel little voices. I run DeGrassi, you have no choices. Ugly and mean and slightly obscene, stubborn as radishes I’ve ever see.

Your lips taste like sweet jelly.

We did, last summer. When we decided to use the king size condom. The one that slipped off. I’m pregnant.

What’s the most important element of a relationship? Honesty.

Don’t expect a ride because traitor’s have to walk.

Because my baby is gone. He’s gone across the country and I abandoned him.

No comments: